3 Assisted Living Facilities near Republic, MO
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Republic area, with 2 in Republic and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Republic. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Republic 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Nixa with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Republic, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Republic, MO
1 Assisted Living Facility near Republic, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Republic
Republic, Missouri, part of the Springfield Metropolitan area, is located near historic Wilson's Creek National Battlefield. The town is home to a number of popular amenities so seniors can shop, dine and attend to errands at their leisure. Of Republic's 16,510 residents, 11.5% are aged 65 years and older. These seniors have three assisted living facilities to choose from, should they need help with activities of daily living.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services regulates Republic's Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs), as it does all ALFs throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Republic
- Republic has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Springfield.
- Seniors in Republic find Missouri to be somewhat tax-friendly to retirees. The state only partially-taxes Social Security income and public pensions, but fully-taxes private pensions and any withdrawals from retirement accounts.
- Republic has a well-developed Parks and Recreation department that publishes a bi-monthly newsletter for seniors detailing interesting activities, such as the Senior Dance Event and organized travel excursions.
- The cost of living in Republic is similar to elsewhere in Missouri, but 10% less expensive than the United States average. Seniors should expect to pay the most for transportation and the least for housing.
- Republic is sunny and temperate for most of the year, with mild mid-winter temperatures and hot summers. The town doesn't get much snow with only 14 inches per year, but it does receive a fair amount of rain with 48 inches annually, 7 inches more than the U.S. average. Seniors should plan the best way to stay comfortable year-round by talking to their care providers.
- Rates of crime in Republic are relatively low. Violent crime has a score that is 10% lower than the national average. Property crime is higher with a rating of 34.1, however that rate is still lower than the U.S. average of 35.4.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Republic
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Republic start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Republic and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Republic
There are numerous subsidies available to Republic residents on Medicaid. Seniors who need help paying for their assisted living services may qualify for the Aged and Disabled waiver, the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program or the State Plan Personal Care Option.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Republic
Republic and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Republic, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Republic
Republic-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Republic
Review of Bristol Manor of Republic
Bristol Manor was not very caring and tended to be neglectful. They did not have enough staff on hand which resulted in residents becoming ill. We had to move my grandmother out of there and into a... Read more