19 Assisted Living Facilities near Sartell, MN
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sartell area, with 1 in Sartell and 18 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 41 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sartell. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sartell 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sauk Rapids with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sartell, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sartell, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sartell
Sartell is the most populous suburb in St. Cloud and the second-largest city in the region. The Sartell region is home to 30 assisted living facilities, with two located in the city proper and an additional 28 in surrounding cities. As in the rest of the state, all assisted living facilities in Sartell must register annually with the Department of Health and provide supportive and health-related services for one or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sartell
- Sartell rates 32 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, indicating that this city may be less than ideal for seniors who enjoy being outdoors throughout the year. The summers are mild, with July highs in the low-80s. However, winters can be harsh and uncomfortable, with January lows in the single digits and 48 inches of snowfall annually.
- The overall cost of living in Sartell is slightly above the national average. Seniors can expect to spend about 6 percent more on groceries and 10 percent more on health care costs here than they would elsewhere, though they may find that their transportation expenses come in about 3 percent under the national average.
- Sartell is a safe city with a low crime rate. In crime overall, the city’s annual average is 20 percent lower than the state average and 33 percent lower than the national average. Its rate of violent offenses is 81 percent lower than the state average and 88 percent lower than the national average, and the rate of property crime is 13 percent lower than the state’s mean and 25 percent lower than the U.S. average.
Metro Bus operates seven days a week and provides four routes throughout the city. All buses are wheelchair-accessible, making them a convenient option for seniors who use mobility aids. Adults who are at least 65 years old can receive reduced fare in off-peak hours. Seniors who are unable to use the city bus for approved reasons may take advantage of the city’s dial-a-ride service.
- The Sartell area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in St. Cloud.
- Sartell has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Central MN Foster Grandparent Program, an organization that pairs seniors with local schoolchildren who need extra assistance and one-on-one care and support, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sartell
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Sartell start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sartell and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sartell
Seniors residing in Sartell who meet income restrictions may be eligible to receive financial aid for assisted living through one of several Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver programs, as well as the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant program, which provides a cash grant for seniors that can be put toward the cost of their care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sartell
Sartell and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sartell, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sartell
Sartell-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sartell
Review of Country Manor Campus
Communication within this organization and communication to us trying to find information about our loved ones isTERRIBLE! Read more
Review of Country Manor Campus
Worst facility I have dealt with in a long time. It honestly seems like no one cares about the level of pain my dad is in. Hasn’t slept well in weeks due to severe back pain and no one will do anyt... Read more
Review of Country Manor Campus
My tour at Country Manor Campus was fine. They just didn't have a 2-bedroom apartment which we would need so we would have ended up having 2 apartments so it won't work out. That would have been th... Read more