Good Shepherd Community - Sauk Rapids Sauk Rapids, MN

Reviews of Good Shepherd Community - Sauk Rapids

Assisted Living Reviews for Good Shepherd Community - Sauk Rapids

June 22, 2012

By nataly1

I thought it was a great experience while I was there and my grandmother says the same. The staff members were unbelievably caring and thoughtful when dealing with my grandma. The facility was top of the line and seemeed to have all of the accompaniments needed in order for her to live a good daily life.

May 26, 2012

By Matt711

My grandparents were searching for a place for my great grandma. She was having a harder time getting around, and many places were looked over before deciding on Good Shepherd Community in Sauk Rapids, MN.The facilities were excellent and the community was very active. They have daily scheduled events, specialized programs based on care and needs, and when I visit - It sort of "feels" like it really is her home.Everything was spacious and laid out in a manner that made mobility a heck of a lot easier. That was one of the biggest concerns, due to her having to use a walker, and the facilities had MORE than enough room to get around in.They also offer spiritual care, weekly or biweekly housekeeping (included in the rent) as well as excellent community areas to socialize and enjoy the day.They are a slightly hefty monthly bill, that would be the only negative. However, when it comes to the services provided and what it takes monetarily to 'assist' someone of an advancing age, regardless of where, the bill is always going to be large.4/5 on the facilities :)

May 24, 2012

By ChrisHeid

Good Shepherd Memory Cottage staff was a godsend to our family. Our mother who had Parkinsons and Alzheimers was a resident at the Good Shepherd Assisted Living for a few years until her health and memory required more care and supervision. The staff at Good Shepherd Cottages were absolutely wonderful and provided excellent care. The staff works very hard to make all the residents feel loved and comfortable. When my mother was there it helped to relieve alot of the stress I had been feeling. They helped educate me and helped me understand what was happening. Sadly my mother passed away on Feb 23, 2012, but she was able to stay at the cottages (her home) until the very end. Our family can never thank them enough for the wonderful care they provided for our mother and continue to provide for other residents.

May 22, 2012

We found Good Shepherd Community in Sauk Rapids MN for my Mother who needs daily support care. We toured the place and I found it nice. Though she hasn't moved to Good Shepherd yet because we're still processing her papers. I will definitely recommend Good Shepherd Community to others.

Nursing Home Reviews for Good Shepherd Community - Sauk Rapids

About Good Shepherd Community - Sauk Rapids

Older adults choose to move to the Good Shepherd Community for a variety of reasons. Most enjoy the amenities our campus offers, but there is one aspect of our services that tops the list and that is our care. Whether you live independently, need some assistance, or are in need of round-the-clock care, we provide personalized care with the comforts of home in each of our entities!

• Senior Housing - offering market rate and income-based apartments for adults 55 or 62 and better. Choose from one and two bedroom apartments with many features and amenities to meet your needs.
  • Assisted Living - provides a helping hand when you need it. Our services are delivered to tenants in their own apartments and individualized according to need including bathing, dressing, medication set ups, reminders and/or administration, 24 hour on-site staff supervision, emergency response system, up to three meals a day, housekeeping and laundry.
  • Memory Cottages - Each of four memory cottages provides a warm, secure home environment for nine tenants living with memory loss. Services include RN Case Management, RN on-call 24 hours a day, 24-hour on-site staff supervision by Care Managers, three meals plus snacks daily, weekly housekeeping and laundry, and life enrichment programming.
  • Home Health Care Agency - provides a variety of health care, skilled nursing and therapy services to clients in their home. Our Registered Nurses, Therapists (PT, OT, and ST) and Home Health Aides serve a 30 mile radius from Sauk Rapids.
  • Nursing Home - each of our eight household settings create a warm living space with 16 to 20 private suites. Residents gather in their household's common dining and living areas to enjoy meals and activities together. We provide skilled care for short-term or long-term care, in-patient or out-patient physical, occupational, or speech therapy, respite and hospice care.
  • ACE Rehab (Advanced Care for Everyone) - this sub-acute short-term household offers specialized recovery care and rehabilitation following an acute illness or injury.
  • Memory Lane - this secure household offers skilled, specialized care for people with memory loss.

Our Welcome Center is here to assist you in navigating the options and make sense of what can be an overwhelming process and stage in adult life. Please call us today!

Minimum Monthly Rate: Call for Rates

Maximum Monthly Rate: Call for Rates

Reimbursement

Private Pay, LTCI, Medicaid/Medical

Apartment Features

Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Overnight Guest Room, Guest Meals, Separate Therapy Room, Pet Permitted

Map of Good Shepherd Community - Sauk Rapids