2 Assisted Living Facilities near Annandale, MN
There are 2 Assisted Living Facilities in the Annandale area, with 1 in Annandale and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Annandale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Annandale 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Buffalo with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Annandale, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Annandale, MN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Annandale, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Annandale
Annandale is a small city of about 3,200 people in Minnesota, located 50 miles northwest of Minneapolis. Annandale is known for its abundance of 26 lakes in a 10-mile radius, providing plenty of boating, fishing and water activities for residents of all ages. Seniors over the age of 65 make up 6.4 percent of the city's population, with one assisted living facility in the community. In Minnesota, an assisted living facility describes Housing with Services (HWS) or a service, service package or a program within a HWS establishment that meets MN Statute 144G minimum requirements. Assisted living facilities in Annandale and the rest of the state are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Annandale
- Annandale enjoys 195 sunny days each year with July temperatures hitting an average of 82 degrees. These conditions are perfect for lake activities, although the high humidity could pose respiratory problems for seniors. Annandale also experiences typical Minnesota winters, with an average of 43 inches of snow each year which could create mobility issues for seniors in the area.
- The cost of living in Annandale is 100.7, slightly over the national average of 100. Areas with the highest prices are groceries, utilities and health care which could present challenges for budget-conscious seniors.
- The sales tax rate in Annandale is 6.9 percent, just a small jump from the 6.0 national average. The income tax rate is 7.1 percent, compared to the U.S. average of 4.6 percent, which could hurt seniors' budgets.
- Senior residents in Annandale have access to public transportation through the Trailblazer Transit system which provides bus and volunteer driver options. There are no special senior fares, but buses are equipped with lifts and are outfitted with other mobility and safety components.
- The Annandale Area Community Team (ACT) is comprised of local residents dedicated to arts and cultural activities in the community. Seniors are encouraged to participate in artistic, cultural and historic programs.
- Annandale has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Buffalo, Minnesota, about 14 miles away.
Paying for Assisted Living in Annandale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Annandale start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Annandale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Annandale
The monthly cost for assisted living runs about 12 percent lower than it does in other states. There are residents who may require financial assistance to pay for their full expenses. Minnesota's Medicaid program, Medical Assistance (MA), and Medicaid Waivers are available for those requiring assisted living financial assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Annandale
Annandale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Annandale, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Annandale
Annandale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Annandale
Review of Centennial Villa Assisted Living
Centennial Villa in Annandale wasn't too bad. The staff seemed very helpful, but we didn’t get a chance to tour the facility. We only looked at some of the private rooms. It was very nice, and they... Read more