7 Assisted Living Facilities near Cokato, MN
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cokato area, with 3 in Cokato and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cokato. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cokato 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dassel with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cokato, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Cokato, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cokato
Cokato was first settled by Europeans in the mid-1800s, and it was established as a township in July of 1868. A year later, when the St. Paul & Pacific Railroad Company built a rail line through the region, settlers began to move to the area and businesses sprung up. Since that time, the city has grown to roughly 2,700 people, over 15% of whom are aged 65 and over.
Cokato seniors who can no longer live alone safely may choose to move to one of the region’s assisted living facilities. In Minnesota, assisted living facilities do not have to obtain licensing, but they are required to register annually with the Minnesota Department of Health. Cokato has two facilities, and there are four more in the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cokato
- On a 100-point crime index, Cokato's violent crime rate is relatively low at 9.3, and its property crime rate is about 14 points lower than the national average at 20.9. This may make the city a good option for seniors who like to go out and about in area.
- While the overall cost of living in Cokato is about 4% higher than the national average, it is a couple of points lower than the statewide average, which may appeal to Minnesota seniors who are looking for a budget-friendly city.
- With July highs around 83 degrees, summers in Cokato are warm compared to most cities in Minnesota. Winters are typically very cold with lows around 2 degrees. This may be a concern for seniors who are sensitive to cold temperatures.
- The Cokato area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Hutchinson.
- In Cokato, seniors pay state income tax on all types of retirement income, including their Social Security benefits and public pension income. This may be a concern for seniors who are moving to Cokato from outside of the state.
- Public transit in Cokato is provided courtesy of Trailblazer Transit, a Dial-A-Ride service that is available to the general public. Riders may choose to pay per ride or purchase one of several monthly passes, and hourly rate pricing is available.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cokato
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Cokato start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cokato and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cokato
Minnesota's Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver program includes the Elderly Waiver, which covers assisted living services for eligible seniors. Some services may also be covered by the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cokato
Cokato and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cokato, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cokato
Cokato-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cokato
Review of Brookridge
We looked at Brookridge Assisted Living. My mother-in-law liked that it was close to our house since it's the same town, about a mile away. She liked the environment, they had a bird aviary. She li... Read more