4 Assisted Living Facilities near Litchfield, MN
Also serving communities of Atwater.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Litchfield area, with 2 in Litchfield and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Litchfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Litchfield 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Litchfield, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Litchfield, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Litchfield
Litchfield is a small town on Lake Ripley that attracts many seniors due to its natural beauty, outdoor recreation and access to healthcare. Of the 6,600 residents in Litchfield, 21.1% are aged 65 and over. Some of these seniors reside in the four local assisted living facilities located within the city and the surrounding areas.
The official designation for assisted living facilities in Litchfield and throughout Minnesota is housing with services establishments. According to the Department of Health, these establishments are categorized as either Class A or Class F.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Litchfield
- Seniors who enjoy the outdoors may find the winters in Litchfield frustrating. The average low temperature in January is just 2 degrees. There is also about 43 inches of snowfall per year. Summer can be very pleasant with temperatures reaching the low 80s.
- According to the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment, Litchfield has an air quality score of 76 out of 100. The average for the United States is 58, so seniors shouldn't expect the local air to cause any major breathing problems.
- The cost of living in Litchfield is 20.9 points lower than the Minnesota average of 106.3, making it one of the more affordable places for seniors to live in the state. The city is also less expensive than the average for the country.
- Minnesota is one of a few states that tax income from Social Security and all other retirement accounts and benefits. For some seniors, this tax policy may make it more difficult to afford assisted living in Litchfield.
- The violent crime rate in Litchfield is 11.9 points lower than the national average of 22.7 and 4.9 points lower than the Minnesota state average, making it one of the safer communities for seniors to live in the state. The property crime rate is 27.4 which is also well below the national average.
- Seniors who enjoy learning about the cultural history of their town will find many things to appreciate in Litchfield. The Litchfield Commercial Historic District is a still mostly intact trade center that thrived in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The Litchfield Opera House was built in 1900 and still hosts live performances.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Litchfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Litchfield start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Litchfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Litchfield
Within the Medicaid system, Litchfield seniors can use the Elderly Waiver (EW) to help pay for assisted living services. Minnesota’s Housing Support Program is a non-Medicaid program that provides financial assistance for room and board at assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Litchfield
Litchfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Litchfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Litchfield
Litchfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Litchfield
Review of Ecumen of Litchfield
We choose Ecumen Litchfield for my mom because of its location and availability of the room. We are very impressed with the staff. They are very helpful. My mother loves the room she has. She is in... Read more
Review of Bethany Assisted Living
Bethany is a very friendly environment. They have many planned activities available for the residents. They plan bus trips to local stores for residents to go and purchase items for them self's an... Read more