3 Assisted Living Facilities near Paynesville, MN
Also serving communities of Eden Valley.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Paynesville area, with 2 in Paynesville and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paynesville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Paynesville, MN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Paynesville, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paynesville
Paynesville is a small city located on Lake Koronis. The lake regularly plays host to fishing groups, and seniors in the area may also enjoy playing a round of golf on the lakeside greens. People retiring to the city join a large senior community, as more than a quarter of Paynesville's 2,400 residents are aged 65 and over.
There are three assisted living facilities in Paynesville and the surrounding area catering to seniors in the city who require help with daily activities. These facilities are licensed and monitored by Minnesota's Home Care and Assisted Living Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paynesville
- Paynesville has good air quality according to the State of the Air 2019 report. The city received an A grade for ozone pollution and a B grade for 24-hour particle pollution. This may be beneficial to the health of seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- The Paynesville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including CentraCare – Paynesville Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tri-CAP Transportation provides a dial-a-ride bus service to residents of Paynesville. It's a curb-to-curb service and reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- Winters in Paynesville may be challenging for seniors who don't like cold weather. The city's average low temperature in January is 2 degrees and there are 45 inches of snow each year, 17 more than the national average. Summers are generally mild with an average high in July of 82 degrees.
- Paynesville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Central Minnesota Council on Aging, an organization that helps people age successfully by linking them with information and advocating for aging issues, as well as one senior center.
- The overall cost of living in Paynesville is 94 in the Sperling index, 6 points lower than the national average. Seniors in the city can save money on everyday expenses, such as groceries and transportation. Healthcare, in particular, is affordable in the city, where it's rated at 87 on the index, 13 points below the U.S. average.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paynesville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Paynesville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paynesville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paynesville
The Optional State Supplement is available to eligible Paynesville residents who receive Social Security benefits. Seniors in assisted living facilities may also be able to access financial assistance through the Elderly Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paynesville
Paynesville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paynesville, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paynesville
Paynesville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.