5 Assisted Living Facilities near Melrose, MN
Also serving communities of New Munich.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Melrose area, with 2 in Melrose and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Melrose. Better rated regions include Sauk Centre with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Melrose, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Melrose, MN
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Melrose, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Melrose
Melrose, Minnesota, the home of people like aviator Charles Lindbergh and cartoonist Mitch Clem, is a small community of 3,636 people and is considered to be part of the Saint Cloud Metropolitan Area. According to the 2010 Census, 19 percent of this total population is aged 65 or older.
To help care for this aging population, Melrose has five assisted living facilities with two being within the city proper and three others in the surrounding area. All of these facilities are governed and overseen by both the Minnesota Board of Aging and the Minnesota Department of Health and must meet the stringent regulations proscribed under Minnesota law.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Melrose
- For seniors with respiratory or pulmonary concerns, the air quality in Melrose is well above average. With an EPA Air Quality Index rating of 87, the atmosphere in the city exceeds the national average by 29 points.
- Melrose has an overall cost of living rating of 92.3, which is well below the 106.3 rate of the rest of the state and slightly under the national mean of 100. However, seniors might be concerned that health care costs in the city are slightly higher than the state norm.
- For seniors who enjoy being outdoors, Melrose has idyllic summer weather with highs normally not exceeding the low 80s and little rainfall. Winters, on the other hand, could be problematic for older adults as temperatures near 0 degrees and an average snowfall of 46 inches per year are the norms.
- Melrose has very little crime when compared to both the state and national averages. While most of Minnesota has a crime rate slightly below the national mean, Melrose crime rate is less than half in terms of both violent and property crimes, making it a relatively safe haven for seniors.
- The city of Melrose has little to offer seniors in terms of arts and cultural activities though the city does have a wide variety of parks and walking trails that are open to the public.
- The Melrose area has few facilities to choose from in the event of a medical emergency or illness with the nearest major hospital located in Albany, MN.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Melrose
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Melrose start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Melrose and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Melrose
For seniors needing help to pay for assisted living facility services, there are very limited resources available in Minnesota. The Minnesota Housing Support Program offers limited assistance to qualifying seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Melrose
Melrose and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Melrose, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Melrose
Melrose-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.