7 Assisted Living Facilities near Little Falls, MN
Also serving communities of Royalton.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Little Falls area, with 6 in Little Falls and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Little Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Little Falls 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pierz with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Little Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Little Falls, MN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Little Falls, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Little Falls
Little Falls is a small residential community northwest of Minneapolis, straddling the headwaters of the Mississippi River. Nearly 22% of Little Falls' 8,700 residents are seniors aged 65 and over, and at least 15 assisted living facilities operate within the city limits to meet their residential care needs. These facilities are inspected, licensed and regulated at the state level by the Minnesota Department of Health Facility Certification, Regulation and Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Little Falls
- The weather in Little Falls is typically balmy in summer but cool and dry in winter. July highs in Little Falls average 84 degrees, while January lows dip to an average of -1 degree Fahrenheit. Spring and summer bring roughly 26 inches of rain each year, which often causes an increase in mold and pollen that seniors with asthma may struggle with.
- The cost of living in Little Falls is somewhat less than the typical cost of living nationwide. Seniors in Little Falls pay 12% less, on average, for most common household expenses, while local healthcare costs are 13% below the national average cost.
- Crime rates in Little Falls are very far below the national average rates. Seniors in Little Falls are especially safe from violent crime, which is less than 20% the rate in the rest of the country. Property crimes, such as theft and vandalism, are more common, though rates for all crime combined are still only around one-third the national average.
- Public transportation in Little Falls is provided by Tri-CAP Transportation, which operates an on-demand bus service for Little Falls and much of the surrounding area. Seniors can schedule pickup service from their homes, and dial-a-ride services operate on semi-regular scheduled routes in town. All vehicles are ADA-compliant for riders with limited mobility.
- The Little Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Gabriel's Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Little Falls has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Law Project of St. Cloud Area Legal Services, an organization that helps Little Falls seniors with legal services, such as living wills and care advocacy, as well as three senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Little Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Little Falls start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Little Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Little Falls
Seniors in Little Falls who meet the income and asset requirements of the program can get help with their monthly expenses through Minnesota's Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Little Falls
Little Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Little Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Little Falls
Little Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Little Falls
Review of Harmony House of Little Falls
My mother-in-law is in assisted living at Harmony House. The staff is polite, and personality-wise they are good, but I know they are short-staffed. Cleanliness is good. When she got in there, we w... Read more
Review of Harmony House of Little Falls
My mom is in Harmony House, but I will be moving him to another facility although my father seems to be pretty happy there and the staff was helpful. The rooms were not spacious, but clean, and the... Read more
Review of Highland Senior Living
The outside of Highland Senior Living looks like a mansion, as opposed to a motel. We liked that, as it seemed a bit more homey than some others we visited. Little Falls is around 85 miles outside ... Read more