6 Assisted Living Facilities near Brainerd, MN
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brainerd area, with 4 in Brainerd and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brainerd. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brainerd 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Crosby with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brainerd, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Brainerd, MN
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Brainerd, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brainerd
Review of Good Samaritan Society - Bethany
I was very impressed with this facility. My great aunt was a very independent woman and she really enjoyed her space. She loved her apartment, and she said the nurses did not intrude on her persona... Read more
Review of Good Samaritan Society - Bethany
The staff at the Good Samaritan Village in Brainerd Minnesota is very welcoming and kind. They have been a great help for my father and my family as we moved him to the facility. The setting is... Read more
Review of Almond House
My Grandmother had slow progressing dementia for nearly the last decade of her life, and though she retained her personality and desire for independence she needed assistance with daily tasks and h... Read more
Assisted Living near Crow Wing County, MN
More Options Near Brainerd, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brainerd
Brainerd is one of the largest cities in central Minnesota and has much to offer seniors in terms of entertainment, goods, services and social opportunities. The area is home to 11 assisted living facilities, with four located within the city limits and seven located in neighboring towns. In Brainerd, and the rest of Minnesota, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health and are held to a strict set of rules and standards to make life there more pleasant and comfortable.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brainerd
- The cost of living in Brainerd, Minnesota is 11 percent lower than the national average. Seniors may find that living in the Brainerd area is more affordable than in the rest of the state.
- The crime rate in Brainerd is 98 percent higher than the national median. Residents have a one in 18 chance of being a victim of either a violent or a property crime, which can be a big turn-off to some seniors.
- The Brainerd area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Essentia Health-St. Joseph’s Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Brainerd can be unpredictable at times, and downright inconvenient at others. Minnesota, as a whole, is known for cold temperatures in the winter, but with the average high for three months out of the year being barely above 20 degrees Fahrenheit and the other months having high levels of precipitation, seniors may find it hard to spend time outdoors.
- The air quality in Brainerd is 41 percent better than the national average. This means that seniors with respiratory problems may find it easier to breathe here than in other cities and states.
- Brainerd has several transportation options for seniors and citizens with disabilities. These options include taxi services, buses, and door-to-door ride services to help seniors get to doctor's appointments. You can find these services via the Bridges of Hope Transportation and Utilities website.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brainerd
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Brainerd start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brainerd and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brainerd
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living in Minnesota via programs like Minnesota Medicaid's Elderly Waiver. This waiver can help seniors to pay for care services that range from in-home nurses to assisted living. They may also receive assistance from state programs such as the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant (CSG).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brainerd
Brainerd and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brainerd, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brainerd
Brainerd-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.