2 Assisted Living Facilities in Crosby, MN
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Crosby. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Crosby 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Crosby, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Crosby, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Crosby
Crosby, Minnesota, offers seniors a small-town friendly atmosphere to live. With approximately 22 percent of the 2,386 population age 65 and older, the city has two assisted living facilities to accommodate those looking for high-quality senior care.
In Crosby and within the state, assisted living communities provide assistance with daily living, including housekeeping and laundry services, transportation to medical appointments and regular social activities and outings. They are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Crosby
- Crosby is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Crosby has an array of community resources for seniors, including Community Education of ISD, an organization that provides adult education classes on a variety of topics as well as one senior center.
- Seniors who live in Crosby can receive transportation assistance through Brainerd Area Taxi or through Medi Van Inc. Both services must be scheduled in advance and are available at discounted prices.
- The cost of living index in Crosby is 79.7, which is lower than the national average of 100 and the state average of 106.3. This may make it easier for seniors in the area to stay within their budget.
- Crime in Crosby is ranked on a scale from 1 (low) to 100 (high). For violent crime, Crosby ranks 12.7, which is lower than the national average of 22.7. For property crime, the city ranks 44.3, which is higher than the national average of 35..4. Seniors looking for assisted living in the area may want to inquire about a facilities security measures.
- Crosby experiences extremely cold winters with around 41 inches of snow per year and lows well below freezing. Summers are mild with the average July high around 80 degrees. Winters may prove to be difficult for seniors who can't tolerate the cold.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Crosby
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Crosby start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Crosby and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Crosby
In Crosby, low-income seniors may receive help for paying for an assisted living community through the state's Medicaid program. Covered by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS), the Medical Assistance (MA) program helps pay for nursing home care and some limited personal care. The state also offers Crosby residents the Medicaid 1915(c) waiver programs to pay for assisted living communities and customized living conditions.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Crosby
Crosby and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Crosby, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Crosby
Crosby-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Crosby, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Crosby
Review of Hallett Cottages
My mother has been at the Hallett Cottages for a year and four months. It's a small place with 16 rooms. Right now, it's just ladies that live there. The care is wonderful. If anything, they are a ... Read more
Review of Heartwood
Heartwood is a fabulous facility. Right now, my father is in independent living. Before my mom went into a memory care unit, they were in assisted living. I am happy with all of the service we've g... Read more