4 Assisted Living Facilities near Pine River, MN
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pine River area, with 3 in Pine River and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Pine River. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pine River 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Nisswa with an average rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pine River, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Pine River, MN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Pine River, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pine River
Pine River, Minnesota, is considered part of the Brainerd metro area, located centrally in the state. This small community began as a trading center for those in the Great North Woods and is the birthplace of the Paul Bunyan Trail. This is an easily walkable trail, accessible to many active seniors, 15% of the town's population of 1,200.
Pine River seniors who need to transition into one of the area's three assisted living communities for help with tasks, such as bathing and grooming, can rest assured knowing they are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health, which ensures compliance with staff training and resident care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pine River
- Pine River has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center, located in Brainerd.
- Pine River residents have access to the Brainerd & Crow Wing public transportation services, which includes bus service and handicapped-accessible transportation. Senior rates are available for those 62 and older.
- The cost of living in Pine River is 86, compared to the US baseline of 100. Housing costs are 73, which may mean that operating costs for assisted living facilities are lower than in other parts of the state, which may help seniors on a budget. Healthcare costs are also lower, at 87 compared to 100.
- Crime rates in the U.S. are measured on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest. Property crimes in Pine River are 19, compared to 35.4 for the rest of the country, while violent crime rates are just 9, compared to 22.7 for the U.S. average. Seniors may enjoy living in a safe community.
- Seniors who have health conditions affected by colder temperatures may be uncomfortable in Pine River, as the winters are very snowy, with January low temperatures dipping below zero. Summers are mild, however, with July highs reaching into the low 80s.
- The state of Minnesota has a state income tax on Social Security income and retirement pensions. There are a couple of exceptions to this, however. Military pensions are not subject to state income tax, and if an individual's entire income comes from Social Security, then they will not have a state income tax on it.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pine River
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Pine River start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pine River and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pine River
The state of Minnesota Medicaid program has an Elderly Waiver, an income-based asistance program to help seniors pay for assited living fees. For those who do not meet the income guidelines but are considered medically needy, the program may also be available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pine River
Pine River and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pine River, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pine River
Pine River-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pine River
Review of Good Sam Society Pine River
My grandmother has been in Good Sam Society Pine River for over a decade now. Frequent visits to see her over the past 10+ years provide me with many opinions regarding this facility. Overall, Good... Read more