5 Assisted Living Facilities near Albany, MN
Also serving communities of Avon, Avon, Holdingford.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Albany area, with 2 in Albany and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Albany. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Albany 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cold Spring with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Albany, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Albany, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Albany
Albany, which is located about 60 miles to the northwest of Minneapolis, was incorporated in 1890. It was once bounded by the Great Northern and Soo Line Railroads, but the railroad tracks have since been removed and the right of way is now used for pedestrian travel. One of these trails is the Lake Wobegon Regional Trail, a 65-mile paved trail that runs through Albany to Sauk Centre. These trails may be enjoyed by Albany's 2,500 residents, including a senior community that makes up about 18% of the population.
In Albany, assisted living is not recognized by the state as a distinct category. Instead, facilities register annually with the Minnesota Department of Health as housing with services establishments and are licensed as either Basic or Comprehensive home care providers. Seniors who are seeking assisted living in Albany find two facilities in the city proper and four more nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Albany
- Albany is a relatively affordable place to live, which may make it an economical option for seniors with tight assisted living budgets. Overall, the cost of living here is about 6% below the national average and 12% below the statewide average.
- On a 100-point crime index, both the violent crime rate and property crime rate are roughly half the national average at 11.1 and 18.8, respectively. This may provide peace of mind for seniors who enjoy participating in community activities.
- The American Lung Association reports very low levels of ozone and particle pollution in the Albany region. Seniors who have respiratory illnesses like COPD can breathe easy here.
Albany's summers are comfortable with highs around 82 degrees. Winters are harsh, however, with lows near 0 degrees and an average annual snowfall of 46 inches. Seniors may want to find out what types of activities are offered during the winter months at their assisted living facility.
- In Albany, retirees pay state income tax on all of their retirement income, including their Social Security benefits. Seniors with limited resources who are considering a move to Minnesota from outside of the state may want to consider how the state’s tax laws may affect their assisted living budget.
- The Albany area is home to world-class medical facilities, including CentraCare Albany Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Albany
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Albany start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Albany and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Albany
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Albany
Albany and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Albany, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Albany
Albany-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Albany, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Albany
Review of Mother of Mercy Campus Care
Memory Lane was very clean, very nice, and I liked it. They offered meals, laundry, and care depending on what my mother needs. Read more