6 Assisted Living Facilities near Hutchinson, MN
Also serving communities of Silver Lake, Brownton, Buffalo Lake.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hutchinson area, with 4 in Hutchinson and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hutchinson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hutchinson 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dassel with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hutchinson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hutchinson, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hutchinson
Hutchinson, MN, is a city in McLeod County with a senior population of approximately 8.9 percent. Assisted living facilities in Hutchinson are licensed by the Department of Health and are required to offer assistance with three or more activities of daily living (ADLs). An agreement must be provided either prior to or at the time of resident admission that defines resident costs and services provided. There are six assisted living communities in Hutchinson from which to choose, with 12 more located nearby in areas like Dassel, Darwin and Silver Lake.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hutchinson
- Hutchinson has some of the cleanest air in the country, based on the EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment. The city’s air quality ranking is 73 out of 100, while the national average comes in at 58.
- The violent crime rate in Hutchinson ranks 10.6 out of 100, making it one of the safest cities for seniors. The United States average for violent crime is higher at 31.1.
- Hutchinson has an enriching arts and culture scene seniors can enjoy, thanks to the presence of the Hutchinson Center for the Arts. It’s free to view the art gallery, which features works from renowned Minnesota artists.
- The Hutchinson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hutchinson Health and the Minneapolis Heart Institute in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Winters in Hutchinson can be harsh and snowy, with January lows around 4 degrees Fahrenheit and an average 44 inches of snow annually. The city only ranks 33 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index; the U.S. average is higher at 54.
- Hutchinson isn’t a tax-friendly city for seniors. Taxes are collected on retirement income and Social Security income, and sales tax is relatively high.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hutchinson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Hutchinson start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hutchinson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hutchinson
Seniors with a limited income may qualify for a waiver program through the Minnesota Department of Human Services. Through the same organization, seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be able to receive Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA), which can help make monthly expenses associated with assisted living more manageable.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hutchinson
Hutchinson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hutchinson, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hutchinson
Hutchinson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hutchinson
Review of Ecumen Oaks and Pines
Ecumen Oaks and Pines is very nice and it's laid out very good. They have a lot of activities and mom seems happy. Her room is big enough. She's got her own apartment and if she ever has to move in... Read more
Review of Ecumen Oaks and Pines
Ecumen Oaks and Pines was a very nice, secure, modern facility. We liked it. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were very nice. Read more
Review of Woodstone Senior Living
Woodstone Senior Living is a newer facility. The staff was very nice. Read more