3 Assisted Living Facilities near Caledonia, MN
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Caledonia area, with 1 in Caledonia and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Caledonia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Caledonia 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include La Crosse with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Caledonia, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Caledonia, MN
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Caledonia, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Caledonia
Review of Caledonia Care and Rehab Buck
I happened to visit Caledonia Care and Rehab Buck, once my co-worker asked me to accompany him as he wanted to see his Mother in law. This was my first visit to any such facility and I had fairly h... Read more
Assisted Living near Houston County, MN
More Options Near Caledonia, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Caledonia
Known as the Wild Turkey Capital of Minnesota and the Heart of Quilt Country, Caledonia, Minnesota is a small town of around 2,800 people; roughly one out of five residents is age 65+. Seniors looking for assisted living facilities (ALFs) within Houston County have four to choose from: one in the city and the other three in La Crescent, Houston and Spring Grove. The Minnesota Department of Health handles the licensing and regulation of these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Caledonia
- Regarding weather and climate, Caledonia receives less snow than some other areas of Minnesota (46 inches per year compared to the national average of 26). But winters still can be challenging for seniors due to the snowfall and cold. Temperatures can get down to 2 degrees Fahrenheit, although they reach 81degrees Fahrenheit in the summer. The overall Sperling Comfort Index is 35 out of 100.
- As a small, rural community, air quality in Caledonia is excellent, which is good news for seniors who have respiratory concerns. The EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment provides a ranking of 83 out of 100, much better than the national rank of 58.
- The cost of living in Caledonia scored an 84.6 when compared to the national average of 100. Housing is significantly cheaper, bringing down the overall expense. But the town hovers below average in all cost areas.
- Even though Caledonia has small-town charm, seniors won’t escape violent crime (32.7 out of 100) or property crime (30.2). Comparatively, the national averages for violent and property crime are 31.1 and 38.1.
- Seniors can enjoy an active entertainment and culture lifestyle in Caledonia. The town provides farmer’s markets, music in the park, swimming, antiquing, outdoor activities (e.g., fishing, birdwatching) and the Houston County Historical Society Museum.
- Caledonia is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mayo Clinic Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Caledonia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Caledonia start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Caledonia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Caledonia
If seniors need help paying for their ALF services, they can look into the following options provided by the state of Minnesota: the Elderly Waiver, Senior Care Plus (MSC+), Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO), the Minnesota Personal Care Assistant (PCA) program and the Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Caledonia
Caledonia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Caledonia, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Caledonia
Caledonia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.