2 Assisted Living Facilities in St John The Baptist Parish, LA
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in St John The Baptist Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in St John The Baptist Parish 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ascension Parish with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in St John The Baptist Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in St John The Baptist Parish
St. John the Baptist Parish in south Louisiana straddles the Mississippi river, offering local seniors a relaxed lifestyle along with easy access to French-influenced food and cultural activities. About 13.7 percent of the parish's approximately 43,000 residents are age 65 or older, and St. John the Baptist Parish has two assisted living facilities to accommodate this population of seniors.
In St. John the Baptist Parish, as throughout Louisiana, assisted living communities are regulated by the Louisiana Department of Health. Officially referred to as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs), these facilities are classified into four categories based on the number of seniors in residence there, the type of care offered and the style of accommodations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in St John The Baptist Parish
- St. John the Baptist Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ochsner Medical Complex- River Parishes in LaPlace, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in St. John the Baptist Parish is 2.2 percent lower than the U.S. average, and healthcare, often a particular concern for seniors in the area, is about 6 percent cheaper than the national average.
- With 219 sunny days per year and mild winters with temperatures that stay consistently above freezing, St. John the Baptist Parish is an ideal location for active seniors who enjoy spending time in nature and watching wildlife. Hot, humid summer days can become uncomfortable, though, and families considering assisted living in the parish should ask about how facilities protect their residents from excess heat.
- Seniors living in St. John the Baptist Parish can take advantage of the fact that the state of Louisiana doesn't tax social security or public pensions. These tax benefits, and exemptions of up to $6,000 per person on other types of retirement income, help local seniors manage their budgets.
- Air quality in St. John the Baptist Parish could be problematic for seniors with respiratory conditions. The American Lung Association gave the parish a C grade for ozone levels.
- St. John the Baptist Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging, an organization that provides education and advocacy for local seniors along with operating a senior center in the town of Edgard.
Paying for Assisted Living in St John The Baptist Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in St John The Baptist Parish start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in St John The Baptist Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in St John The Baptist Parish
Financial aid for costs associated with assisted living in St. John the Baptist Parish may be available through the Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Care Services program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in St John The Baptist Parish
St John The Baptist Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in St John The Baptist Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in St John The Baptist Parish
St John The Baptist Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in St John The Baptist Parish, LA
Assisted Living near St John The Baptist Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in St John The Baptist Parish
Review of Place Du Bourg
My great grandmother loved it there. She had her own room with a small fridge and her own bathroom. She was able to decorate it as she saw fit. She was able to keep much of her independence while... Read more
Review of Maison Oaks Assisted Living
This facility seemed very clean and organized. Most of the staff members were nice and welcoming, but one of the employees gave us an attitude. My spouse's grandmother just moved into this home, an... Read more