2 Assisted Living Facilities in Morris, IL
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Morris. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Morris 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Morris, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morris
Morris, IL, is a town of approximately 14,000 people located about an hour outside of Chicago in Grundy County. Neighborhood settings and a river make parts of this area picturesque, and seniors from nearby assisted living communities may enjoy visiting. Morris doesn't have any ALFs within its borders, but there are over 100 options for seniors in nearby counties such as Will and La Salle. Assisted living facilities in Illinois fall under the purview of the Division of Assisted Living. This office of the Illinois Department of Public Health oversees ALF licensure and processes for surveys to ensure assisted living communities in the state are providing quality care, including assistance with mobility and daily living activities if required.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morris
- Morris is a safe area, with an overall crime rate lower than 22 percent of the average for the country. Seniors looking for a day trip outing from nearby assisted living communities can enjoy the amenities of Morris with peace of mind.
- The cost of living in Morris is in line with state and national averages, though the cost of goods is a bit lower in the town, making it budget-friendly area for seniors to shop in.
- Seniors living in and around Morris can balance the average cost of living with savings on income tax. Illinois doesn't tax retirement distributions from sources such as government pensions, 401(k)s and IRAs.
- The Morris area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The climate in the Morris area is great for seniors who enjoy cool springs and autumns and don't mind being kept inside by snow and wind during the winter. The average annual temperature is only around 50 degrees F, and the area receives about 20 inches of snow on average each year.
- Seniors who enjoy outdoor activities might escape to Morris monthly for the 3 French Hens market, where they'll find fresh produce and a variety of handmade gifts and goods. Seniors can also explore William G. Stratton State Park, which offers fishing and metal detecting and accessible picnic shelters.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morris
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Morris start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morris and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morris
Qualified seniors may be able to take advantage of the Illinois Supportive Living Program, which is a waiver program to help cover assisted living costs. Illinois also offers the Pathways to Community Living program for eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morris
Morris and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Morris, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morris
Morris-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Morris
Review of Park Pointe Morris Senior Living
My step mom is at Park Pointe Senior Living. Right now she is in their assisted living, but when she can’t take care of herself, she can go right to their nursing home. The staff is very good there... Read more