21 Assisted Living Facilities near Lookout Mountain, GA
Also serving communities of Flintstone.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lookout Mountain area, with 1 in Lookout Mountain and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lookout Mountain is $4,700 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include East Ridge with an average starting cost of $2,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 118 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lookout Mountain. Better rated regions include East Ridge with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lookout Mountain, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Lookout Mountain, GA
20 Assisted Living Facilities near Lookout Mountain, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lookout Mountain
Located along the Tennessee and Georgia border, Lookout Mountain is a city in Walker County that provides a variety of attractions and rock formations for seniors to explore, including Rock City. Retiring in Lookout Mountain is possible with the 36 assisted living facilities located in nearby cities like Hixson, Chattanooga, Tennessee, and East Ridge. Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, there are two types of assisted living facilities in Lookout Mountain and the state of Georgia. These include assisted living communities that provide service to 25 or more residents and personal care homes with two or more. Both offer assistance with daily living activities like eating, bathing, grooming, dressing and ambulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lookout Mountain
- Due to its high elevation in the mountains of North Georgia, Lookout Mountain has hot summers, with highs around 85. Winters are short, with January lows around 28. The city gets around two inches of snow per year, which is ideal for seniors who prefer warmer climates.
- Crime is low in Lookout Mountain, which makes it safe for seniors to explore the area attractions. Based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), property crime in Lookout Mountain is ranked 18.4 in comparison to the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 14.1, which is lower than the national average of 31.1.
- Seniors on a budget may find it challenging to make ends meet due to a cost of living of 108.8. This is higher than the national and state average of 100.
- The Lookout Mountain area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Chattanooga.
- Lookout Mountain has an array of community resources for seniors, including Lookout Mountain Community Services, an organization that seeks to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
- Lookout Mountain Community Services also provides transportation for seniors to and from a variety of activities, medical appointments and errands at discount fares.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lookout Mountain
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Lookout Mountain start around $4,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lookout Mountain and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lookout Mountain
Public financing for an assisted living facility in Lookout Mountain is available through two state Medicaid waiver programs. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) offers financial assistance to seniors over the age of 60 who are eligible for Medicaid and require a specific level of care. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is for those who are 65 and older and require a nursing home level of care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lookout Mountain
Lookout Mountain and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lookout Mountain, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lookout Mountain
Lookout Mountain-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.