10 Assisted Living Facilities in Yuma, AZ
The average cost of assisted living in Yuma is $2,227 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 49 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yuma. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yuma 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yuma, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Yuma, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yuma
Located in the southwestern corner of Arizona in Yuma County, the city of Yuma is home to over 93,000 people — 14 percent seniors age 65 and over. Those who are no longer independent and in need of help with activities of daily living can choose from ten assisted living facilities in Yuma.
Assisted living facilities in Yuma, AZ, come under the purview of the Arizona Department of Health Services, and they are divided further into supervisory care services, personal care services and direct care services. Residents receive help with the activities of daily living and enjoy social opportunities in spacious common areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yuma
- Yuma weather is mainly sunny, with monthly highs of 95 in July and monthly lows of 57 in December.
- The air quality index in Yuma is 15 percent better than the rest of the country, and pollution is 22 percent above the national average. The American Lung Association give Yuma a C for particle pollutants that contribute to lung cancer, so seniors with respiratory illnesses may want to consider assisted living facilities in another area.
- The cost of living in Yuma, AZ, is on par with the national average. Specifically, the cost of living index is 92, which is 6 percent lower than the state average and 8 percent under the U.S. average.
- Arizona doesn't tax Social Security retirement benefits. The state does tax some retirement income, such as distributions from an IRA or a 401(k). Arizona’s property taxes are low but sales taxes are high. The Yuma, Arizona, sales tax is 8.41 percent, 5.6 percent of that is state sales tax and 2.81 percent goes to Yuma local sales taxes. The local sales tax includes a 1.11 percent county sales tax and a 1.7 percent city sales tax.
- The overall crime rate in Yuma is 76 percent higher above the national average, and Yuma is safer than just 8 percent of metro areas in the country. This is something seniors should consider if they plan to enjoy outings with friends.
- Seniors enjoy discounted transportation when they get the YCAT Discount ID Card, which lets them buy a discounted 31-Day YCATPass or 10-Ride YCATPass as well.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yuma
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Yuma start around $2,227 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yuma and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yuma
Seniors who want to reside in an assisted living facility may be able to offset costs through the Arizona Long-Term Care System (ALTCS). Visit them online to apply for a financial assistance program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yuma
Yuma and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yuma, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yuma
Yuma-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Yuma, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yuma
Review of Copper Place
I went to Copper Place months ago. They were having a special afternoon tea to bring people in. They had just finished renovating their apartments. They showed us a studio apartment. Everything was... Read more
Review of River's Edge Assisted Living
Rivers edge is not a facility that takes of residents for memory care, it is a family that loves your family member and takes of them as a part of their family. I couldn't have found a better home ... Read more
Review of River's Edge Assisted Living
I moved into Yuma Senior Living on Monday. It's wonderful, and they've been great. Right now with the COVID going, there's not a whole lot going on, but once that lifts, they'll all change. The foo... Read more