Scottsdale Heritage Court

Assisted Living Reviews for Scottsdale Heritage Court

Nursing Home Reviews for Scottsdale Heritage Court

June 04, 2016

By MV0305

I too would give this place a zero if I could. My grandmother was there for three weeks after having a parasite & was there to gain strength. She went in weighing 93 pounds and left weighing 82. She was neglected, was not given her medications for 5 days & was rarely seen by a doctor. A few of the nurses were caring, but most of the staff is not. They are terrible on follow up, they rarely come to check on the patient, are understaffed & do not know what they are doing! The nursing staff is not attentive and would not listen to family members regarding concerns of the patient. While there, my grandma's legs and feet began swelling and weeping. They were not concerned, they said. "It was normal". And they still made her do physical therapy despite her feet hurting. The doctor who had seen her maybe a handful of times, released her despite her fluctuations in her health. No one came to check on her on her last day there & come to find out, she couldn't walk on her own & had a wound on her lower back! My grandmother was back in the hospital less than 24 hours after discharge due to the negligence of the staff. They did not care for her, they just left her in her room. Had my grandma received the care she deserves (as every elderly person does!), she would not be in the hospital with a bacterial infection, pneumonia, still swollen feet & legs, weakness/lack of mobility & trying to gain back the 10+ pounds she lost in Heritage's care. THIS PLACE IS AWFUL!!

July 09, 2015

By hti158

They only get one because you can't give zero. Do not have a loved one here, they are unsafe! The worst part is on discharge the "social worker" if you can call her that, either hasn't been properly trained or just doesn't care what your loved one will need when going home. The nursing staff is completely rude when questioned about care, orders, etc. This is a terrible place!

March 12, 2014

By Stevemartin12

I had a co-worker go there for rehab in January and I was impressed with everything I saw. The therapists are fantastic and helped my friend get back on his feet and back to his job. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone!

January 18, 2014

By ellendastork

My 95 y.o. father was here for a 3 wk. stay, after he fell at his Assisted Living facility and needed some rehab. The care was awful! The first 2 weeks that my father was there, I was not in town, but called him at least every other day. Many of those times a caretaker had to help him get the phone, so I had spoken with RNs and CNAs, all of whom assured me that things were "good". On the day before Thanksgiving, I received a call saying that my dad had nearly gone out the front door of the facility, after which there are 10 steps to a busy intersection. Their solution, in spite of the nearly $7000/month that his insurance was paying, was for us to hire a 24/7 sitter. I was also informed that they had "no contact info" for any family members, which is nearly impossible, b/c he went there from a hospital + the 8 phone calls I had made, through caregivers. When I arrived, I noticed that his room was at least 100 ft. from the front door, and he could hardly stay awake to talk to me. I spent 10 hrs. there my first day, and introduced myself to everyone. I found out from a CNA that he had ACTUALLY gone out the front door, and was trying to get down the steps in a wheelchair when they found him! It would have been sure death for a 95 yo man. The next morning they called my cell phone to say he had fallen, which I later found out that they had called a nurse from his church to get my #(same as the one they had previously called). I told them I would shower, and come right there, but before I could get there, after telling me they were watching him very closely, they called to say he had fallen again (both unobserved falls), and hit his head. They said an ambulance would be there to get him in 20 minutes, so I agreed to meet them at the hospital. I am an MD, and when I got to the ER, I couldn't believe how bad my father looked. He had a lump and scrape on his forehead, but also looked as if he had some brain lesion, since he was flexing his right leg uncontrollably. I found his RN, and insisted that a Dr. see him, which happened immediately. The hospital had not received records on my dad, and when they found out that he was on blood thinners, they were appalled that they had not been informed of this to start. Luckily, his head CT was OK, but the Dr. felt he should be admitted, and in the 1 1/2 days he was there, I found another facility for him to finish his rehab. The difference was night and day, mostly in staffing. I believe that Scottsdale Heritage Court is more about keeping costs down than taking care of patients. I would not ever let friend or family (including my dog) go there.

July 05, 2013

By Michael99

My Aunt stayed here for her knee and hip replacement rehab. What a great place, clean, smells good, food was good and if my Aunt didn't like it they would change it for her. Staff was very caring and attentive. The therapists were great and the Nurses really care about the people who stay there! Also this website says they have a 4 star medicare rating, they actually have a 5 star medicare rating. I HIGHLY recommend Scottsdale Heritage Court which is right across from Osborn Hospital. Just take a tour and you will see.!

January 18, 2012

By Emmyrose

This is a skilled nursing facility and they also do short term rehab. They were renovated in 2007 into a 58 bed home and all private rooms. This is a one story building. When you go in it smells good and interior is clean. The building and grounds are well maintained. They have a central patio area. They have housekeeping and laundry. They serve three meals and snacks in diningroom or room as necessary. The food is ok and they do a rotating menu. They have an RN and LPN on duty 24/7. All caregivers are CNAs and licensed. They have two stations.They have a house doctor and do transport to appointments. The staff is nice. I always thought this a good care center.They have a full rehab department. They have an activitiy director and do games, parties, movies, and have music. They go out for shopping and other events. I feel this is a good facility.

January 07, 2009

By Ruth Nitboum

My loved one stayed here

Small facility that is very homelike and loving. Many nurses and CNAs have been there a long time, so they must treat them well. Rehab room is very active and professional with good equipment. Staff is very attentive to patient and family needs. A pleasure to visit. Also right across the street from Scottsdale Heathcare Osborn. Recently renovated to private rooms with LCD TVs and comfortable hospital beds. Food is just okay with good variety and special requests accepted when the patient doesn't want the daily menu choices. No internet access unfortunately, but you can reach the wifi from the hospital across the street if you get a front room. Activites are a little weak, but the place is small and not everyone participates. They do try to get patients involved.

Services and Amenities of Scottsdale Heritage Court

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Scottsdale Heritage Court

Scottsdale Heritage Court is a senior living provider in Scottsdale, Arizona that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Scottsdale Heritage Court for more details on services and rates.

Map of Scottsdale Heritage Court