Luther Manor

Luther Manor (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Luther Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Luther Manor

June 12, 2015

heard good things about Luther Manor, but I have yet to really see and feel these things. They said that she was going to have activities and things, but since my mom's been there, she hadn't really mentioned very much about the activities. They said that they would go on trips, take them outside, and they had things like that, but I don't think she's been outside yet on a nice day. I was a little impressed about some of the things that they were going to offer and stuff like that, but like I said, I haven't heard my mom say that they do anything but sit in the room and listen to music or watch TV, and they probably have some board games, but she said the food is somewhat nice. She is not in assisted living; she just goes to their day center.

July 30, 2013

By Debbie34

We went to visit Luther Manor becasue we looked for a place for our parents. They had a variety of levels there, so they did not need to transfer to other facilities if needed. Even in the independent living facility, they had a medical person assigned that worked with the residents on their medications and checked them. The independent living quarters were way back off the main road and they could stay together as a couple. There was also a garden where they could take their dog for walks. The apartment was one door from the laundry facility and there was a big sitting area right outside. There had a shuttle that took them to places, a pharmacy and doctors in the campus. I thought they needed a pool. I recommend this facility to other people.

July 11, 2012

By SpecialK1

We spent a fair amount of time in an outdoor garden that was a very nice space, perfect for meeting with family members. It was a relaxing, stress-free, comfortable space that was a much more pleasant setting than a meeting room or personal room would have been. Overall, the facility was modern, well-kept, and clean, although it felt a little institutional and sterile. The smell throughout the facility was off-putting as well - but that may be just due to the difference in age between myself and the residents. The staff were attentive and helpful, they directed us to where we needed to be, and I noticed them taking care of the residents very well. The amenities of the facility were plentiful and well-used, but I feel like some more interesting or exciting spaces and programs could help enrich the lives of the people who live in Luther Manor. Overall, it seems like an excellent retirement/assisted living/nursing facility, and that the quality of life it offers to the elderly would be hard to match.

August 02, 2011

By Immy

Interfaith has provided drivers for Medical treatment. The drivers were all volunteers who were kind, aware, interested and most helpful. They engaged my husband in solid conversation about their activities when they were young, which opened the door to communication. They also have offered in home help, which I have not yet used...but feel that when the time is right I would happily involve them in some hours of care with complete trust.

July 27, 2011

By art44120

My mother stayed there, first in the rehabilitation wing for six weeks, then as a private pay resident for 11 months (she wanted to continue getting the excellent physical therapy services) before moving to assisted living at another location. Throughout her stay there she has received the best care possible. The nursing staff is attentive and the CNAs are pleasant and hard-working and really care for the residents. The staff is in constant contact with family whenever a medical issue arises. The food is OK (much more flavorful in the rehab wing, but once you're a resident the quality goes down a small notch). The first floor private room and private bathroom are very nice, both in rehab and in the regular nursing home section. The second floor smaller private rooms with shared attached bathroom are way too small and are to be avoided. The grounds are lovely and provide many areas that residents can go to for fresh air. Prompt transportation shuttle for medical appointments a valuable service. Many activities and accessible religious services. Residents can be as active or not as they choose.

Independent Living Reviews for Luther Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Luther Manor

October 16, 2014

I had looked at and felt comfortable with Luther Manor. It looked good, and they had a good plan. It had everything that I was looking for. It was not quite as well cared for. It’s an urban place. I was very seriously thinking of it. I have kids in Milwaukee and Madison, and that was a consideration. It is better for the continuing care part. That was very important to me.

March 28, 2012

By 0

I really like this facility. We looked at this assistant living complex for my grandmother. We like the location because it is quiet, and very close to my parents home. We did not like the smaller room available because she would not have her own bathroom, and would also have a very small room, instead we decided to have her go with one of the suites. She is not as comfortable there as whe was in her home, however we know she is safe, and is very close. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are really good at calling us if there is an issue, or if anything is going on we should be aware of. This is the first year my grandma is staying at the facility, and it seems like this will be a facility she will remain at. We also like the simi circle drive way in the front of the building. It is easy for us to drop her off and pick her up, when needed.

Services and Amenities of Luther Manor

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Luther Manor

Luther Manor: A Life Plan Community is nestled in a quiet neighborhood in Wauwatosa, with easy access to Milwaukee, WI. Transportation, dining and shopping options, and medical facilities are all located nearby. The facility partners with Froedtert Hospital, located 5 miles away, to provide medical services.

An independent living and assisted living community that also provides skilled nursing care, Luther Manor: A Life Plan Community offers a wide variety of apartments in different floor plans to seniors 55 years of age and older.  Staff are available 24/7 to provide care and assistance. Rehabilitation therapies are available in the facility’s Transitional Care Rehabilitation Center. Additional services include on-site lab testing and hospice care.

Amenities at the facility include restaurant-style dining, an ice cream parlor and a grocery shop. Residents can stay active with two fitness areas and a warm therapy pool, or get creative in the woodshop, crafts room and model train room. Additional amenities include a library, salon, raised gardens and a butterfly garden. Housekeeping, transportation and on-site banking, health clinic and pharmacy services add to the ease of living. Residents can also take advantage of a wide range of community-organized activities and events.

Map of Luther Manor