Franciscan Villa South Milwaukee, WI

Reviews of Franciscan Villa

Assisted Living Reviews for Franciscan Villa

January 27, 2012

By Miranda333

My first impression of the facility itself was a positive one. Everything seemed to be clean and organized for the residents. The staff greeted me with a smile as I entered the hallway. I arrived at the time they were about to serve the residents dinner. I took my grandmother to get her meal. She enjoyed what she was eating which made me feel secure about the health of the patients. I also noticed that they had a bulletain board of scheduled activities. My Grandmother also told me she enjoyed them. Overall this residance made me feel comfort and secure that my family member was and would continue to be well taken care of. I have no negative complaints about this place other than since it is a nursing home/ assisted living center, it's not always pleasant to hear some of the folks talk about how lonely they are, but that is sure not the fault of the staff there. I am sure that the staff does as best they can to comfort the residants' feelings. I would recommend this facility for anyone worried about a nursing home for their loved one.

Nursing Home Reviews for Franciscan Villa

October 13, 2012

By floundernest

Frequently, as is the case with many of these places, they are under-staffed. Having 2-4 people watching over 60-80 residents is ridiculous. More staff would come in at mealtimes, but frequently my uncle would have to wait upwards of 30 minutes before being able to be taken to the bathroom. For the enormous costs to keep him there, it should have been better staffed. However, they did do a good job of keeping an eye on him regularly and making sure he did get his medicines. They also provided a range of activities that residents could be shuttled around too, at least for the residents that were coherent and conscious. Mostly I visited between 3pm and as late as 10pm, and that's when it was obvious they were under-staffed. We would take my uncle for a ride around the neighborhood just to get him out, and when we would be returning, there would be residents wandering around unattended, trying to escape, or just being left to idle. Again, the staff were nice, but just short a bit on man-power.

Memory Care Reviews for Franciscan Villa

Photos of Franciscan Villa

Services and Amenities of Franciscan Villa

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Franciscan Villa

Franciscan Villa’s rich mission-driven history of providing quality health care in southeastern Wisconsin began over 50 years ago. We continue that tradition today as we plan new programs to meet our residents’ future health care needs.

Franciscan Villa honors and respects older adults. It is a unique, intergenerational community where personal interests are pursued, where lasting friendships are formed, where faith traditions are practiced, and where residents live in comfort and with peace-of-mind.

Our assisted living apartments let you maintain your independence while receiving the occasional assistance you need for peace of mind.

Franciscan Courts’ compassionate, professional staff is available 24 hours as needed by residents.

• Medication assistance
  • Meals
  • Courtesy van
  • Activities
  • Companionship
  • Assistance with personal care

The elderly and those with early memory loss have unique needs. As experts in memory care, we recognize that. We opened Franciscan Gardens in 2005, with 48 assisted living apartments for the residents with early memory loss.

The apartments offer seniors a chance to manage their own personal space and daily routines while providing assistance when needed.

• Medication assistance
  • Personal care help
  • 24-hour security
  • Laundry service
  • Three meals a day
  • Francis House
  • Francis House is well regarded as a safe and comfortable haven for those with mid– to late-stage Alzheimer’s and dementia.

The 64-unit memory care facility with its secure and enclosed outside courtyards offers peace of mind to family and friends while its neighborhood design with home-like atmosphere minimizes challenges and stress for residents.

• StMedication assistance