Ascension Living Alexian Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Ascension Living Alexian Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Ascension Living Alexian Village

May 10, 2016

By Carol F.

I was in Alexian for the full time that Medicare allowed for broken ankle. I had some problems initially because I arrived on a Saturday and that completely threw them off, and so my wheelchair was too wide and didn’t fit me. They knew I needed a wheelchair, a walker and a chair, but the wheelchair was too wide that I could barely roll it and the walker was too low for me and couldn’t be adjusted because it was broken. And then, I sat on the chair and it went down and wouldn’t go up. So I kept complaining that I needed a different wheelchair, a different walker, and a different chair. Eventually, on Monday I got all the right stuff. It’s a big residential place and a lot of people live in the apartments. This was a separate 20 or 30-bed unit and I was there for a short-term stay, and so I had very intensive therapy every day. I could barely turn around and there was another therapist there, and they really made you work, which is what you’re supposed to do. So I had a little time to do other things than eat and sleep and then went home on time as scheduled. I got excellent care from the therapist but I wasn’t crazy about the nursing assistants. The rest of the staff was very cooperative. The nursing care was good; they listened and did what they needed to do. The meals were always good. There were a lot of fresh fruits. My menu always said diabetic on it, but they never really restricted what they brought me. They have a lot of different pieces of equipment, but they are not the elaborate commercial kind of things.

March 17, 2015

By Dale15

We placed mom here, and she has been there for a couple of months now. It meets all of her needs. My primary reason for the facility is that it’s a Catholic associated facility, and she is finding great care there. My brother has eaten there, and he said that the food is just fine. I know they have changed food service providers at least once.

August 27, 2014

My dad moved in. He was in independent living for 2 ½ years and he has been in assisted living for 3 months. He requested that that be the place that he goes to partly because of the affiliation with Alexian brothers. They have the multi-stage care, so that means he has accesss to senior independent-living, assisted living and full care if needed. We're not that thrilled with it. The staff's work ethic is average. He is in a private room. The room is fine. It's small, but it's adequate for him. He does enjoy the food. Currently, he goes to a separate day care program, separate from Alexian, which is great. Activities at Alexian are not sufficient. We do believe that he is safe and that his minimum needs are being met.

June 25, 2014

By Herman1

We have some friends who live up in here. It's a beautiful place; it's very active. The only thing I found out, you pay like $250,000 to $300,000 to get in, and you get a monthly rental, like $2500 to $3000. We saw a couple of rooms. They're very nice, but they're not cheap. The food is good. It's very fine. If money is no object, it would be a great place to go. It is an outstanding place, but I wouldn't go there because there's no reimbursement of your initial fee going into it.

About Ascension Living Alexian Village

Ascension Living Alexian Village is a senior living provider in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Ascension Living Alexian Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Ascension Living Alexian Village