Evergreen Health and Rehab

Reviews of Evergreen Health and Rehab

Nursing Home Reviews for Evergreen Health and Rehab

April 25, 2015

By Wendy33

Evergreen was very nice and really clean, and the staff was very kind to my mom. She is even Facebook friends with some of them now. The food was terrible. That was one bad thing, and everybody was complaining. My mom wouldn't eat, so I had to bring her food. The people that worked there were wonderful, but the food was bad. The only other thing that I had kind of a complaint about was she had hip surgery and she was supposedly there for rehab -- but we didn't know she was going to need a longer term or whatever -- but everybody at the place was in a wheelchair unless they were at physical therapy for like one hour a day. So there was nobody in the bed, then the wheelchair, then the walker, and then out the door. There really seems to be steps because they are all a fall risk so we can't let them wander about, but on the other hand, how can they get stronger? They had all these alarms and everything on the wheelchairs, so I felt that was really a detriment. And then, my mom started to get really kind of hooked onto the wheelchair. I felt maybe that was just the system, but I didn't think that was very good. They do have a lot of activities there. I don't even mean take them out; I just mean let them -- as they are strong enough -- to use the walker or the cane. Now, she is home and using the cane because she is walking around her own house and everything. If she stayed there, then she would end up needing long-term care because she was getting so helpless. But I couldn't say enough about the workers there. They treated her like their mom.

Services and Amenities of Evergreen Health and Rehab

About Evergreen Health and Rehab

Evergreen Health and Rehab is a senior living provider in Winchester, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Evergreen Health and Rehab for more details on services and rates.

Map of Evergreen Health and Rehab