Sentara Nursing Center Norfolk

Reviews of Sentara Nursing Center Norfolk

Nursing Home Reviews for Sentara Nursing Center Norfolk

May 26, 2015

By gendalesymon

This place is horrible, some of the staff are leaving the facility because of their management. Some of the nurses and lpn are good but more of them are bad workers, my love one situation look got worse, her bedsore got worse it didn't get heal because they don't turn her what is supposed to be for every 2 hours, I notice this because most of the day on the weekend I stayed there. Her UTI infection look don't get heal because her urine still smell bad, she don't have this kind of smell when we were in Va.Beach general Hospital. I could say the administration should have pay attention to this kind of matters. If I could pull out my love one from this nursing home I will before she get worse. To all staff, If your love one are sick try to bring in to this facility for their care, you experience it and you will be disappointed.

May 20, 2014

Sentera Nursing Center has close proximity to relatives, so we chose it. She's been there for a couple of months now. We saw that everything there was fine and clean. I actually have a lawyer who, obviously for a fee, stops in every couple of months to check on my mom and the area. She is in a double room for more than assisted living. It's for people who need progressive help and for those with Alzheimer's or dementia. The room itself is approximately the same size as where my mom was prior to that. It also has a bathroom. The food is individually served three times a day in the dining area. It's like going to a small or medium-sized restaurant. Part of the nursing care is to make sure they eat. The strong point is they have a wider connection with the hospital, but the downside is things get lost sometimes. It's up to the family members to pay attention to things. In addition, the technical staff are more of a problem; the nursing staff are caring, and I haven't had any problems with them. Where my mother is right now, she will probably stay for the rest of her life because she has Alzheimer's.

October 29, 2013

By ARinVA

Horrible! The smell of urine hits you in the face the moment you walk in. I went to visit my mother there and she was in the bed at 10am. When I went to get her dressed (10am and still not done) she had filthy sheets and had 2 pairs of depends on. Both her depends were soaking wet. She told me that her sheets had not been changed in quite a while. Getting her out of there ASAP!

About Sentara Nursing Center Norfolk

Sentara Nursing Center Norfolk is a senior living provider in Norfolk, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Sentara Nursing Center Norfolk for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sentara Nursing Center Norfolk