Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation

Reviews of Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation

September 25, 2020

By Utterly dissatisfied

If only their talk was true to their walk. I was deceived into thinking this would be a good place to put my father. Trying to get someone to talk to on the phone was very frustrating at times. There were promises to call me back but didn't happen. Staff was rude and didn't like that I visited frequently (before covid). I was surprised to find out that my father wasn't given a shower for the first 2 weeks that he was there so I helped him get one. The next day, the activities director told me he had a shower the previous day, to which I said, "I know. I helped give it to him." The doctor there said my father couldn't go to the hospital since he was on hospice. PLEASE don't let anybody in America tell you that!! ANY AMERICAN CITIZEN HAS THE RIGHT TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL!! My father developed an odd infection on both of his arms while he was a resident. After 3 1/2 months of dealing with this infection, I had to finally INSIST that he be taken to the hospital. The day he was sent, the director of nurses said it wasn't an emergency and tried to talk me out of having him sent. When I asked the nurse practitioner if his infection was gone, she said, "The infection is gone but the rash is still there." Interesting that my father was in the hospital for 5 DAYS ON IV ANTIBIOTICS!!! Many items of my father's were lost at this facility to include 2 hearing aids. I will say that there are a handful of compassionate workers at this facility but most of them couldn't care less about the residents. Looking back, I feel like the day he was admitted to Senior Care Lakepoint was the first day of the end of his life. I am so sorry I trusted them.

August 31, 2020

By cjbrand2010

Other

My mom got a stage 4 dequibidus ulcer on her rear end from not being moved or cleaned up like she was supposed to be. She DIED!! They talk a good talk when you are visiting. I called the state and they lied and said she came in with bed sores

December 28, 2014

By George100363250

It is just a couple of miles where I live, and I spent some time in their rehab facility. I was very well pleased with the people and the quality of care that they get. The staff couldn't have been any better. They took care of everything that I needed there. They made sure that I was comfortable, and the food was good.

September 23, 2011

By DallasSW

"This is a very good skilled nursing and rehab center that I've referred clients to. It's right across the street from the hospital in Rowlett, which is its main source of referrals. Rowlett is a suburb east of Dallas. The facility itself in located right on Lake Ray Hubbard--a pretty lake--and the surrounding neighborhood is a wealthy community. It's a pretty facility--not high end but done nicely. It's fairly new and nicely decorated. The skilled nursing unit has all private room; the majority of the rooms in the rest are semi-private. The staff is very professional. The OTs, PTs, and speech therapists are all good. One thing I really like about the rehab unit, in particular, is that, before discharge, they move the patients to a room that's more like an independent apartment, where they prepare their own meals and take care of themselves under observation from the staff to make sure they're really ready to be on their own. The food is good, too. They use a lot of fresh ingredients. And the activities program is better than average--consistently good. "

Photos of Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation

Services and Amenities of Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation

Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation is a senior living provider in Rockwall, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation for more details on services and rates.

Map of Beacon Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation