Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

May 29, 2015

My mom is in Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilation Center. The care of the staff and the rooms are great at the rehabilitation center, but the nursing home center leaves much to be desired. The rooms are of OK size. If I want to compare it to one of the smaller rooms, I would have to say it sits right in the middle, but it is still not as big as the one in the other place I visited. I hardly talk to the staff. They are not very needy of them. I do see one lady sometimes a lot more than I see others, but they can't tell me a whole lot about my mother. The food appears to be very good. She is eating, and I think that is probably a good sign. They do have quite a few activities. The reason I'm moving my mom is because it is crowded. I think they have less staff for the number of patients they have. Also, the smell is somewhat bad. The overall atmosphere is OK. For some people I guess it is fine, but for me it is Ok. I did talk to the manager, and he was able to help me resolve a couple of problems, so that is really good.

September 30, 2014

My husband was at Willowbend Nursing and Rehab. He has a room and it is very nice. The residents all seemed very happy and the staff was very nice. The food was good. They have something going on all the time. They have Bible class, services, games, and they just have different things you can go to. They have a board up there with the list of activities going on all the time.

May 20, 2014

My mother-in-law is in long-term care right now at the Willowbend Nursing facility. The facility is very nice and very clean. There is no odor. The rooms are fine. She initially shared a semi-private room. She is on a pureed food diet. The staff has been fine and is really nice to work with. They are very understanding and very sympathetic. She is at peace at this facility.

May 19, 2011

By AmberMoss

Friend or relative of resident

Willow Bend was a ridiculous daycare center for adults. My grandfather went there to be rehabilitated after a fall and ended up going back into the hospital due to their neglect. His wounds and bandages were poorly kept and not treated. He developed skin necrosis, which the nurses failed to identify and kept hiding it under bandages. If a family member had not recognized it, the necrosis would have advanced and my grandfather would have lost his leg. Other than the neglect of obvious symptoms, the nursing staff was rude and failed to change diapers without being asked to. My grandfather was scared to stay overnight by himself because he knew he would not be attended to. My grandfathers stay in this facility proved to leave him in worse condition and add stress to an already stressful situation.

Services and Amenities of Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Government Hospital District
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Mesquite, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Willowbend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center