Sunflower Park Health Care

Reviews of Sunflower Park Health Care

Nursing Home Reviews for Sunflower Park Health Care

November 28, 2014

By ldpadgett

After my experience this past Sunday I am being VERY generous giving 1 star! My father was a resident at Sunflower park for about 3 months. This past Sunday my daughter phoned to request they not take a dinner tray to my Daddy because we were going to bring dinner to him their response was, "great, we'll see you soon." I walked into my fathers room to find him on oxygen & unresponsive!! When I asked why he was on oxygen I was told his oxygen level had dropped below 95 so they put it on him the day before...I have NO problem with them making that decision my problem is his children were not notified!! They had also given him morphine without notifying his children!! When hospice left my fathers room Sunday morning they left orders for his children to be notified which Sunflower Park neglected to do! If I hadn't showed up when I did my siblings note myself would have been present when our father passed...it was bad enough none of us were with him on his last day until the last 3 hours of his life!!

April 30, 2013

By caring5333

Sunflower Park is a small facility but it's a nice nursing home. It's very clean and it's well-staffed. The only complaint I have is the rooms are too small. They can improve on their space. The staff has been extremely helpful. Mother's not easy to deal with but the staff has been wonderful. Resident activities include exercises and bingo. They also have ice cream days and church service every day. They also go out on outings like going to Wal-Mart or wherever they need to go.

March 09, 2012

By Cool Mom

Other nursing homes that I have visited seem sterile and very impersonal, but Sunflower Park is very beautiful and more homey than most. I like the fact that residents are free to roam throughout the facility as they have a mind to, instead of being confined to their rooms. Sunflower Park also offers a lot of games, crafts, and socializing events for the residents to participate in. This makes it a little more bearable for residents who would rather be home than in a nursing home. I do believe that some of the staff could be a little more friendly. Most are very friendly and have personal relationships with the residents, but some seem to be distant and cold towards the residents. I believe that if you choose to work in an environment that requires you to interact with people, that you should be more open and friendly towards people. Overall, I think that Sunflower Park is a great place for your loved ones. No matter the attitude of some workers, residents are well cared for.

About Sunflower Park Health Care

Sunflower Park Health Care is a senior living provider in Kaufman, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Sunflower Park Health Care for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sunflower Park Health Care