The Concierge

Reviews of The Concierge

Nursing Home Reviews for The Concierge

April 12, 2016

By anursetoo

I did not even want to give a 1 star rating that was too high to give. This is a horrible place they have left my husband in feces and urine. When they do change him he is not properly cleaned or changed. I have come into his room and found him with most of his clothes off and his shirt is all wet with urine and that is how they left him after the changed him. They never want to turn him until i go find someone and make them do it.. The second shift nursing staff and CNAs are lazy and rude. He will use his call button to call the staff for help and they will take over an hour and up to 2 hours to even come and see what he is needing. I have caught them sitting at their desk or in front of the tv as I listen to more than one call button going off and they are paying no attention to any of it... I have also found the medication carts let unattended in the hallway and the nurse no where around. The nurses on the 2-10 shift usually will disappear around 7:45 until about 9:15 and if you need help there is no one to help you not even the CNA. We have even found the PT department lacking in their treatment as well. We had to move to another facility for him to receive the proper care that he should have been receiving all a long

April 11, 2016

By Barb61

SCARY and TERRIBLE!!! My mother only spent one night in this facility because she was very, very scared. The rooms had no phones in them and there were no phones to use to contact their family. There was no way to let them know that they are being mistreated. The staff is very, very mean. They yelled at my mom to go to her room and just sit there. Luckily, my mom found a nurse that let her use her personal phone. My mom called me and asked me to please come pick her up immediately, which I did. All the patients looked like they had been drugged and had a blank stare on their face. It looked more like a mental institute. Very, very sad!

July 05, 2015

By ViewReview

My mom had surgery so we felt that she would benefit by having 24 hour professional care. We arrived at the Concierge on a Friday. The shift was changing for the weekend shift. We had a bit of a bumpy start. The next day I spoke to Allen the appointed weekend director. Once we communicated our needs things began to change. The nurses were more responsive. Since my mom has a very restrictive diet due to food sensitivities she was eating rice and vegetables. On Monday I spoke to Frances, the official director and she created a menu for my mom which had more variety. Frances cares a lot about her patients. She listens and works diligently in following through. This facility went above and beyond to cater to my mom's needs. The nurses and CNAs were very caring and showed a lot of kindness. It's also important to be realistic. The nurses have a lot on their plates so they sometimes have to be reminded more than once or twice about completing a task that is out of the ordinary. Communication is key. I highly suggest the Concierge to anyone looking for professional care for their loved ones.

December 24, 2014

By cartermac

My Mom was just released from The Concierge. Had numerous hiccups during her stay. Laundry lost and never returned. Not sure Medication was dispensed correctly and when nurse was questioned could not verify for sure given correctly to her and not another patient. Eye in pain and would not give additional eye drops. Mom was told she already had been given eye drops could not have any more. Mom was told she had to give a 7 day advance notification to check-out of The Concierge. Arrived on a Friday and took 3-4 days to supposed get medications needed for her treatment. Too many people in rehab. One evening Nurse on duty has language barrier. Shower floors are slick..so may want to bring your own Rubbermaid mat and own Towels...they are very few given out. Eager to get your family member at The Concierge and then little to NO follow-up. Facility is under new management and staff says they work hours, special projects, etc....Very Unorganized. Do not judge a facility by the appearance. Beware.

June 21, 2013

By Lorianne

This is a beautiful facility; looks like a luxury hotel. However. I had my mom there for several months and constantly went round and round with them over the laundry. I did NOT want clothes to go into the institutional laundry because they constantly got lost and other people's stuff ended up in her room. She would tell them those were not her clothes and they would make her wear them anyway--once she was wearing a man's shirt and jeans that were about three sizes too big. I had HUGE signs in several places in the room that "Family does laundry" and even brought in my own hamper. They just ignored it. She had several wool sweaters and every single day one of those sweaters was tossed into the communal laundry basket and I had to fish them out along with everything else. Those sweaters would have been doll-size had they been washed. They also would try to get away with not helping her put on her bra. She was dressed and wheeled to the communal dining room for meals and was very self conscious about not having a bra on! Unforgiveable! I finally had a major tantrum and that stopped. Pretty environment, but not well run, and many of the nurses and aides were just plain surly. Would not recommend.

Services and Amenities of The Concierge

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About The Concierge

The Concierge is a senior living provider in Houston, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Concierge for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Concierge