Grapevine Medical Lodge

Reviews of Grapevine Medical Lodge

Nursing Home Reviews for Grapevine Medical Lodge

June 24, 2017

By nataliejm

An older facility, upkeep was fair. Most of the staff was very caring, unfortunately many of the staff including nurses and CNA's were rude, rough, uncaring. For example, if the nurse was in another wing of the facility, you would have to wait for the nurse to get to yoiu. It might be 10 minutes or 60 minutes. Housekeeping was extremely poor. Linen's were supposed to be changed once a week. Didn't happen. Dust balls under the beds remained, wet towels in bathroom were not picked up for a number of days. I would not recommend this facility.

Hello Natalie, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Please know we take your concerns very seriously. I've passed along your review to our facility administration for follow up and I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly. Our goal is to respond to you within 48 hours. For your privacy and in order to address your concern in a timely manner, please send your contact information to experience@kindred.com Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. As an alternative, you may call our anonymous compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

September 27, 2016

By Larry m

Physically nice facility. Quite a few of the nurses and techs are very caring and nice, but they have several uncaring, rude, and borderline abusive techs that my mother was very afraid of. When I spoke to the social worker at Kindred, she seemed concerned and was able to keep this one particular tech from being alone with my mother for awhile but not long enough. Depending on which tech was in duty, it would take anywhere from 5 minutes (if good tech) to 90 minutes if at all (bad tech) to answer the call button. She developed rashes and sores due to this. Then clothing and other items started disappearing from her room for which the director doesn't seem to what to do anything about. We argued with her to fix these issues and after this continuing for awhile, we were asked to find a new place for my mother. I do not recommend this facility for nursing home use.

Hello Larry, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Please know we take your concerns extremely seriously. I've passed along your review to the regional administration and I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly. Our goal is to respond to you within 48 hours. In order to address your concern in a timely manner, please send your contact information to joy.sautter@kindred.com Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. Thank you, Joy Sautter, Manager of Online Reputation Management, Kindred Healthcare

February 18, 2016

By Jlove

I am a friend of a patient. I visit with them often. They tell me the staff is great but the activities are boring. Most of the time my friend stays in her room because she is not interested in any activities. She only likes BINGO. She has only seen the Activity Director once. She feels that they need a director who can bring some fun activities for her too do. I met the assistant multiple times. My friend loves her. She always brags about her. She told me that she should run the department. Because she is more fun. Something needs to be done.

October 22, 2015

By deathcouldhavebeenavoided

My mom resided at this location for over a year. She passed away due to negligence when contracting double pneumonia and became septic. The doctor should have known she had gone septic by reviewing the results of the blood tests. Most staff were not friendly and did not respond with any urgency. They could never get her dietary requirements right after many complaints. I strongly advise choosing another facility for your parents. I have great sorrow and remorse from my mom's death, which could've been avoided as the nursing staff and doctor should've been aware of the severity of her illness.

February 27, 2015

We looked at the Kindred, and it’s a very nice facility. The people there seemed to be very nice. It’s clean, and it’s up to date and lovely.

June 16, 2014

By Mobile again

I recently stayed here and I found the nurses, therapists and staff to be excellent. They were attentive to my needs and made me feel very comfortable. Overall, a very good experience.

February 01, 2014

By dawn5525

My husband was sent to this place, when I wanted him to go to a higher level of care. He has COPD and he was on high oxygen and I was worried they would not be able to care for him. I have been pleasantly surprised. The staff, for the most part, seem happy. The therapist, nurses, and Dr. Hader are amazing. I would recommend this place if you are in need of care and want to go home. We are on the road to recovery because of my husbands will and their experience.

May 25, 2012

By VH

My mom got here just few days ago. We had a terrible experience from the previous center and I was quite reluctant in choosing another facility in taking care of my mom. But when we were touring the place, I found the place neat, nice, and the people were nice, too. You feel this home-like environment. They provide short and long term care services and have a comprehensive treatment plan. Overall I am happy and comfortable with my choice

May 09, 2012

By Perky1

This facility seems to encourage more short term stay residents. The nurse to resident ratio may be rather sparce. As with any nursing facility, some of the staff is less friendly and others are great. One thing that's good about this facility is that it smells better than most. The director gets things done in a hurry. My mother resides there and wishes they did have more daily activities and more for her to do on the weekends. She enjoys bingo 3 times a week.

Photos of Grapevine Medical Lodge

Services and Amenities of Grapevine Medical Lodge

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Government Hospital District
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Grapevine Medical Lodge

We provide specialized short-term rehabilitation, bridging the gap between hospital and home, as well as long-term care in a safe, compassionate environment that fosters independence and dignity.

Map of Grapevine Medical Lodge