Grapevine Medical Lodge

Reviews of Grapevine Medical Lodge

Nursing Home Reviews for Grapevine Medical Lodge

February 18, 2016

By Jlove

I am a friend of a patient. I visit with them often. They tell me the staff is great but the activities are boring. Most of the time my friend stays in her room because she is not interested in any activities. She only likes BINGO. She has only seen the Activity Director once. She feels that they need a director who can bring some fun activities for her too do. I met the assistant multiple times. My friend loves her. She always brags about her. She told me that she should run the department. Because she is more fun. Something needs to be done.

October 22, 2015

By deathcouldhavebeenavoided

My mom resided at this location for over a year. She passed away due to negligence when contracting double pneumonia and became septic. The doctor should have known she had gone septic by reviewing the results of the blood tests. Most staff were not friendly and did not respond with any urgency. They could never get her dietary requirements right after many complaints. I strongly advise choosing another facility for your parents. I have great sorrow and remorse from my mom's death, which could've been avoided as the nursing staff and doctor should've been aware of the severity of her illness.

February 27, 2015

We looked at the Kindred, and it’s a very nice facility. The people there seemed to be very nice. It’s clean, and it’s up to date and lovely.

June 16, 2014

By Mobile again

I recently stayed here and I found the nurses, therapists and staff to be excellent. They were attentive to my needs and made me feel very comfortable. Overall, a very good experience.

February 01, 2014

By dawn5525

My husband was sent to this place, when I wanted him to go to a higher level of care. He has COPD and he was on high oxygen and I was worried they would not be able to care for him. I have been pleasantly surprised. The staff, for the most part, seem happy. The therapist, nurses, and Dr. Hader are amazing. I would recommend this place if you are in need of care and want to go home. We are on the road to recovery because of my husbands will and their experience.

May 25, 2012

By VH

My mom got here just few days ago. We had a terrible experience from the previous center and I was quite reluctant in choosing another facility in taking care of my mom. But when we were touring the place, I found the place neat, nice, and the people were nice, too. You feel this home-like environment. They provide short and long term care services and have a comprehensive treatment plan. Overall I am happy and comfortable with my choice

May 09, 2012

By Perky1

This facility seems to encourage more short term stay residents. The nurse to resident ratio may be rather sparce. As with any nursing facility, some of the staff is less friendly and others are great. One thing that's good about this facility is that it smells better than most. The director gets things done in a hurry. My mother resides there and wishes they did have more daily activities and more for her to do on the weekends. She enjoys bingo 3 times a week.

Photos of Grapevine Medical Lodge

Services and Amenities of Grapevine Medical Lodge

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Government Hospital District
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Grapevine Medical Lodge

We provide specialized short-term rehabilitation, bridging the gap between hospital and home, as well as long-term care in a safe, compassionate environment that fosters independence and dignity.

Map of Grapevine Medical Lodge