The Waterford at Fort Worth

Offers Independent Living

6799 Granbury Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76133
The Waterford at Fort Worth (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

April Showers of Savings! Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of The Waterford at Fort Worth

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Fort Worth

December 05, 2016

By Nancy837381

The Waterford at Fort Worth is new and nice, and the price is very reasonable. It has everything -- a chapel, a bus, a private driver that will take residents to special doctors' appointments and beauty shop appointments on Thursdays. They have a very busy activities calendar. They go on trips, out to eat, shopping, and mall walking. They have a dining room that serves 3 meals a day. They have a beauty shop on-site. The food is sometimes better than other days. It has an in-house nursing facility with bridgeway nurses. They have Legacy Physical Therapy, Agape, and Texas Angels, and they're all in-house.

September 29, 2016

By Larry487173

The Waterford at Fort Worth was very nice, but it was about $400 out of my price range. It was very clean and very nice with good food. I like the help. I actually got to meet the cook, and the lady that took me on a tour was very sweet. It’s right down the street from the malls and a lot of the eating facilities. It’s 2 minutes from my sister’s house which I tinker around doing yard work in. They showed me 2 different rooms. The studio is nice and clean; I really like it for me. I visited during lunch time. Everybody seemed happy and was being waited on real well. There was plenty of parking, and they have covered parking. They had car parks for your specific spot, and mine was right outside my window. I could actually see where my car or motorcycle was being parked.

September 19, 2016

By Linda H.833650

The Waterford was nice, and we looked at the two bedroom. My brother and his wife said it was nice; we could use the living room for your bedroom if you think that the bedrooms are small. The lightings were very nice. They have a nice restaurant, and the food was really good, but I thought it was expensive.

July 27, 2016

By Larry100784

The Waterford at Fort Worth was very nice, very clean, and very modern. However, it wasn’t suitable for my dad because he needed more care than what I think they were capable of providing. It appeared that the residents were more independent than my dad. There's the choice of a small studio all the way up to a two-bedroom apartment. It was very nice. It would have met his needs, but the professional care was not in line with his physical limitations.

July 27, 2016

By Wesley432108

The Waterford was very nice. The staff that assisted us was great and knowledgeable. They have a calendar of activities. They have a library, exercise room and craft room. The dining area was very nice and clean.

June 10, 2016

By Debra555571

The Waterford at Fort Worth is very good. The people are very caring and take care of all your needs, like cleaning your room. The food is excellent, and they serve three meals a day. The only drawback with the place is the price: it’s expensive. They have so many good activities and offer services to take you to doctors' appointments and to run errands. This community is excellent as far as I’m concerned.

December 16, 2015

By Visitor13

The Waterford At Fort Worth is an outstanding facility. Their rooms are very nice and big. The staff was very good.

September 29, 2015

By M. Rice

My mother would be moving in The Waterford next week. It was nice. The staff was nice. The price was comparable with the services offered. She had not moved in yet, but so far, we had been in touch with everyone that worked there. The rooms were nice and updated with nice amenities. They were nice and clean. They were newer than some other places. The refrigerator and the counter top were updated. The bathrooms were nice. They had activities like people played cards and bingo. They had field trips. They had some movie time offered, and they had worship services. They had staff 24/7.

June 30, 2015

I don't really like the meal schedule, but that is something I would have to completely change -- my schedule. I am not a morning person, and they start early, but this was the only thing that I was not pleased with. Otherwise, it was very nice, and we have a relative at the Waterford -- my husband's sister. It is very nice, the food is good, the apartments are adequate, and I hear good reports about it from other people who live there. The staff is very nice, very informative, and very helpful. I've seen one room with furniture in it, which is my sister-in-law's, and it seemed adequate. Their dining room is very nice. Basically, I am impressed with the activities and the help provided for people. There is a choir, there are trips that they take, and they have card games, Bingo, and music programs, so there's great variety of activities. The security seems adequate.

May 01, 2015

By Cheryl106134250

I was able to look at Waterford at Fort Worth, and that was very good too although it was a little far out. I looked at a studio, and it was small, but still very nice. It had a microwave, a refrigerator, and a big closet. They serve three meals a day too. I didn’t eat there, but it looked like they were good. The staff were great as well.

June 29, 2013

By Karen49

I found The Waterford at Fort Worth for my mom and this is a very nice place. Their rooms are spacious. The staff is friendly. They know every single person's name in the community. They take great care of my mom. They also invited us for lunch and we thoroughly enjoyed it. They have a nice restaurant where all the residents eat.

July 31, 2011

By songbirdsong

I have a number of friends who live or have lived at the Waterford, and their experiences (as well as my own when visiting) have been overwhelmingly favorable. The front desk is staffed by friendly people who greet residents and their loved ones by name, and the rest of the staff is very affectionate as well. The facility is very well-kept both indoors and out, and residents are treated to a number of activities that keep everyone entertained and amused. The Waterford offers a shuttle service to local grocery stores and pharmacies, which is extremely convenient for residents. There are also many nearby pharmacies that deliver prescriptions to the Waterford free of charge. The only complaint that I heard was about the lack of parking spaces, but the majority of residents do now own their own vehicles, so it's a moot point. Another major draw is the staff's dedication to providing entertainment and social opportunities. I have heard many stories about the ice cream socials, craft fairs, shopping trips, and game nights that are hosted regularly. The Waterford also has a very well-stocked media library, community computers and internet access, and laundry facilities. The only other thing is that rent is on the high end, but it is definitely justifiable on account of the quality residents can expect to enjoy.

Questions about The Waterford at Fort Worth

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Waterford at Fort Worth. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 79 years old, however we do have a younger population that are enjoying life here at our community without having to cook or clean . Our residents enjoy all three Restaurant Style meals and socializing in the dining room, karaoke, bingo, games, seasonal activities, entertainment, special groups, and so much more.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Hulen mall is only 6 minutes away. Benbrook lake near by. Parks and walking trails minutes away. Restaurants, bowling, Main Event Entertainment. Downtown FTW close using easy access to the toll road.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford at Fort Worth has organized?

Trips to the museums, scenic rides especially during the holiday season, shopping, Lunch outings to local Restaurants.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Fort Worth offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled transportation to doctor appointments Monday-Wednesday. Grocery store including Wal-Mart on Tuesday. Hair Salon on Thursday. Errand day Friday morning.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Fort Worth exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We serve 3 Restaurant - style meals daily. Soup of the day made from scratch. Fresh fruit and vegetables. One entrée or you can choose from our available everyday menu from the grill or healthy choice items. Dining service restaurant style.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Large Dining room, Private dining room, Billiards room, Chapel, Library, Veteran's Tribute room, Activity room, Exercise room

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Fort Worth offer to independent living residents?

Security cameras, Concierge, Doors lock at dark

If The Waterford at Fort Worth accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Outdoor Pet stations around the building and a designated area in the back of our building. Dog and Cats allowed

Does The Waterford at Fort Worth work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes, we have support services such as Home Health and Personal Care onsite.

Photos of The Waterford at Fort Worth

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Fort Worth

• Dining Extra: Microwaves Only; No Stoves/Ovens

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

About The Waterford at Fort Worth

Enjoy the quiet, muted tones of solitude in your spacious apartment, knowing friends and an attentive staff are close by. When you're ready, join in on the exciting, vibrant tones of the camaraderie of your community. You'll always have a wealth of things to do right at your fingertips keeping you as active as you want to be.

Our community provides you with areas to get away from it all, along with areas to enjoy the company of others. Connect to the Internet on a computer in our library, join friends in the billiards room, relax in our television theatre lounge, or step onto our community bus to explore the surrounding areas without the worries of driving. You'll be conveniently close to shopping, doctors' offices, hospitals and other medical facilities. We'll even transport you to and from your medical appointments within a specified radius.

The Waterford offers you flexibility and options, so you can paint your days with the colors of life.

Our community is an affordable for residents that are in between the levels of Independent and needing Assisted Living. We are an Independent Community with support services available. You can be as independent and active as you would like, or if you need some assistance we have onsite Home Health and Personal Care available.

Map of The Waterford at Fort Worth