Holston Manor

Reviews of Holston Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Holston Manor

January 17, 2015

By Brenda104563350

I really liked Holston Manor. My mom was there from early November until yesterday. They could not have been nicer. I did not meet one employee that was not very nice and very caring. I was so afraid to have heard so many bad things about nursing homes. So, I waited till the last possible minute to put her in one, but they were excellent with her. Her roommate had been there two or three years, and I talked to her daughter and her son; they were both very pleased. They said they never had any problems. Their mother liked it, and they had never been anything but great to her. So, I would highly recommend Holston Manor. The rooms were OK. They were not huge and not really up-to-date or anything, but since my mother was unaware -- she couldn't see, hear, or walk -- it didn't matter to her what it looked like. It was adequate. The dining room looked nice. It was huge. They had a piano. I walked in there one day, and the guy was playing the piano nicely. They had TVs and an aquarium. They had a lot of activities. The first day that mother was there, the social worker came in right away. I told them mother couldn't walk, and they were like "We can put her in a wheelchair and take her." Mother said they could come into the room and try different things. The place was secured and safe. I had nothing bad to say about them. In fact, I was going to write them a letter to tell them how pleased I was with them. They were just so loving, friendly, and they were so good to go close and try to talk to her. However, it was not brand new. It was an older facility.

May 19, 2014

By sunshine247

My mother spent 6 weeks at Holston Manor rehabilitating from a fall. All the staff were caring and professional. I can't say enough about the nurses and therapists who were so patient with my mother, especially during her irritational, not so pleasant moods! Thank You!

March 15, 2012

By justme11

Shame on that person for not getting that resident some help immediately...and letting that patient eat the meal now who do you think is tell a lie...that's what i thought

August 15, 2011

By Nancy W1

I have visited Holston Manor and have seen several things that I did not like. Each time I have been here, there are never enough staff on the floor to take care of the patients properly. I have seen the assistance lights above some patients' doors flashing for over an hour before a nurse got to the patient. I also have witnessed two patients who had hair in their breakfast trays. I do not recommend this nursing home.

Services and Amenities of Holston Manor

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Holston Manor

Holston Manor is a senior living provider in Kingsport, Tennessee that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care. Contact Holston Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Holston Manor