Hickory Hills Alzheimer’s Special Care Center

Reviews of Hickory Hills Alzheimer’s Special Care Center

Memory Care Reviews for Hickory Hills Alzheimer’s Special Care Center

August 30, 2018

By Don B

My wife has been a resident at Hickory Hills since Sept., 2017. This is our first experience with Memory Care so I checked the area thoroughly. It seems that every facility has a few "reviews" that don't get top marks. Some of that I have learned are from former employees with an ax to grind. But some are honest opinions of people whose perspective is very narrow. Alzheimer's is a very difficult field and some who need assisted living or independent living included would do better to look elsewhere. The name is Hickory Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center; and, that is what they do; and, they do it very well. The rooms are modern, laid out in a square with one separate hallway. The residents can walk around the square under roof or go out into the center courtyard in nice weather. There are fully staffed nurses stations at both ends of the square. The staff from top to bottom legitimately gets to know your resident and cares about them (and trust me with some Alzheimer's residents including mine that's not easy). This includes administration, nurses, caregivers and maintenance, laundry and food service personnel. All of these folks know your resident, call them by name, and look after them. Activities vary from day to day; and, not all residents (including mine) participate fully. You do not want to make an Alzheimer's patient do something they don't want to do. June 21st was The Longest Day Alzheimer's national fund raising celebration; and, Hickory Hills was the Hendersonville focal point. Four hours of fun, games, horses from the Hendersonville Police mounted patrol, and food. The residents loved it all. I think I have said too much; but, I want everyone to know that I am not related to anyone at Hickory Hills except my wife who is a resident. This is a very tough job; and, they do it very well.

August 29, 2017

By Lisa

Hickory Hills was really beautiful, newer, updated, and very pleasant. The rooms were very nice, beautiful, not very old, and not very big compared to other places but nicely sized. They had transportation when it's needed and activities all day long. The staff was very informative and very responsive to what we said our parents would need. They were great. The surroundings and the furnishings were pleasant. Everything was very nice and very comforting.

August 21, 2017

By anonymous

Hickory Hills is new, only about a year old, and it's laid out nice. My problem is, it's very large. They have a personal trainer, the building's laid out in a great big circle, and they walk inside the building in this circle. They also have other social classes and they have full service for meals. The staff was trained to meet and greet you. The room they showed me was a little on the dark side. I think the facility has too many clients, but not enough staff.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Costs for Hickory Hills Alzheimer’s Special Care Center

Photos of Hickory Hills Alzheimer’s Special Care Center

Services and Amenities of Hickory Hills Alzheimer’s Special Care Center

About Hickory Hills Alzheimer’s Special Care Center

Hickory Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center located in Hendersonville, TN offers both memory care and respite care for seniors. With an outstanding staff and beautiful 66-bed community, Hickory Hills is thoroughly equipped to meet your loved one's physical, social, mental and emotional needs.

The staff at Hickory Hills incorporates each individual resident’s life story into their personalized daily care plan. Utilizing our distinctive Meaningful Moments&r approach, our team provides a warm and meaningful assisted living environment that includes family and friends. We welcome and encourage you to join us in the many activities we offer at Hickory Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center.

Our community offers:

• Pre-admission home visit and assessment
  • Specially trained staff to assist with all aspects of care while encouraging independence
  • A fully supervised, success-oriented activities program
  • Regularly scheduled social events with family involvement
  • Three nutritious meals served daily, with snacks available throughout the day
  • Supervised outings to nearby points of interest
  • Furnished linens and routine housekeeping
  • Comfortable, attractively decorated living rooms, activity rooms and private conversation areas
  • Cable TV and fireplace in living rooms
  • Beautifully landscaped secured courtyard with walking areas
  • Individualized service plans
  • Electronically monitored security system
  • TV and phone outlets in all resident rooms
  • Support groups, educational programs and referral services

Map of Hickory Hills Alzheimer’s Special Care Center