Brentwood Nursing Home

Reviews of Brentwood Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Brentwood Nursing Home

July 16, 2015

By Daughter of George Damaschi

My dad spent the last year of his life at Brentwood Nursing Home. We were so lucky to be able to place him in a care facility that not only took care of his physical needs but also his emotional needs. He was kept clean, safe and comfortable. He was hugged, talked to with respect and all of his needs were met with compassion. Even though my dad was 92 and had dementia he was still such a big part of our family. Brentwood was so kind to all of our family members, and at times there were many of us there. The food that Brentwood serves it's residents is outstanding and the cook would make a special breakfast for my dad every morning. He loved that and it made him feel special. Brentwood does a lot of things like that for their residents. I am forever grateful for their kind, professional and compassionate staff. I might add that it was such a pleasure to visit my dad at their facility, especially in the summer, overlooking Narragansett Bay, on the big patio and covered porch surrounded by beautiful flowers. It was easy to spend an entire afternoon sitting with him outside. Their frequent parties for residents and families were outstanding including one honoring their resident veterans. My dad was lucky enough to be part of that celebration and it was incredible. I just can't say enough about this nursing home. They do it right.

March 02, 2015

By Pjmike92363

I placed my mother who had a massive stroke in their care. In the two weeks she was there I was made to feel like I no longer had control over any of my mothers healthcare discisions She was a bedridden patient unable to eat swallow speak or walk or really even move. She was on a feeding tube and oxygen. At times her saliva would dry up in the back of her throat and harden All I had asked when she was placed there was to keep her mouth clean and suction any secretions out so that it wouldn't harden and cause where it would have to be torn out of her mouth which caused it to bleed many times. They never kept her mouth clean. So many times I would have to spend my entire visit trying to clean her mouth out of all the hardened sputum that would just sit there for hours. They never once suctioned her mouth. Then they wanted me to apply for Medicaid for her ( to keep her longer than the 20 days that Medicare pays for). The care was horrible. Two nurses Asia and Kylie were very rude. One day I was actually in tears wanting someone to help me to clean her mouth. I went to the Cna she did a quicky. I wasn't happy with the results. Asked Kylie to help me she said that's the Cnas job. I went to the social worker and the director. I threatened to call the state for neglect they sent 4 nurses in and removed the 3 inch hardened peice out of my mothers throat. I then said I'm not applying for Medicaid to keep her here I want to bring her home. That was a Saturday. 4 days later on a Tuesday my mother was brought into the hospital totally dehydrated almost at kidney failure. The dr in the ER said apparently the nursing facility was not giving my mother any water in her feeding tube for days. Apparently this nursing home is all about the $$$$ not the care. Maybe if your up and able to fend for yourself and actually have a voice they can't neglect you. I filed a big complaint along with pictures of the disgraceful mess they left in my mothers mouth for days. I wouldn't trust them with my dogs. Most uncaring staff and it's a dump that smells like pis. I do not recommend this place

February 12, 2013

By smonte

A Nursing home that is small in size but huge in giving when it come to the residents in their care. Staff are very attentive and interactive with all the residents no matter whether you were hired to cook, work in environmental service, etc. All residents have individual care plans and safety is a number one concern. Have daily activities and celebrate minor and major holidays with a flair. A Luau's for residents, their family and friends during the summer is one of the events all enjoy while overlooking Narragansett Bay. Doctors respond in a timely manner and nursing are always on top of providing the best care for their residents. Clean and does not have a institutional scent about it. 3 dining rooms, 2 with glass surrounding 3 sides of the room bringing in allot of light. Movies on some nights and at times beer and wine also served to those who are able to imbibe. As you get to know the staff you find that mom and son or father and daughter or sisters and or brothers all work at Brentwood. It is indeed a family affair. My dad had great care when a resident and I had no doubt in my mind that when I had to make the decision to place my mom, Brentwood was my only choice.

Services and Amenities of Brentwood Nursing Home

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2019

About Brentwood Nursing Home

Brentwood Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Warwick, Rhode Island that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Brentwood Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brentwood Nursing Home