Manorcare Health Services-whitehall Borough

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services-whitehall Borough

Nursing Home Reviews for Manorcare Health Services-whitehall Borough

April 05, 2015

By Scooter1925

On November 3, 2014 my 87 year old mother had a compound fracture to her ankle where the bone was exposed out of the skin. After surgery we had to find a rehabilitation facility for her. We decided Whitehall Manor Care and that was the biggest mistake are family made for are mother. She was there for three months and in that time she had C-diff,UTI and sinus infection. When she call for nurse and aid most of the time it took over a half hour or more to respond. The staff is not trained and most of the aids did not care. It took seven days for Manor Care to test my mother for C-diff after my persistence of asking them to do something for my mother with her diarrhea. After two days when the results to came back they started treating her for C-diff. They put my mother in room by herself because C-diff highly contagious. I watched the staff many times not follow proper procedures for somebody that has C-diff. I watched a nurse go in to my mother room with out wearing gloves or any protection. then went back out to the nurse cart and did not washing her hand. This is how C-diff is spread throughout nursing home and rehab center. At this time I went and seen the head nurse and told her about the situation with the nurse going in and seeing my mother with out washing her hands. She stated to me she may be washed her hands with hand sanitizer. I said to her that hand sanitizer does not kill C-diff she looked at me like I had two heads. After a week of being treated at Manor Care my mother was not getting any better she finally consented to go to the hospital. Mother was admitted to the hospital for a week. When she was in the emergency room doctor stated to me that she was not get the right dosage of anabiotic's. I would stay away from this home because after the hospital stay we found a great home and Mom is doing much better.

March 20, 2015

By Moozie

I was transferred to ManorCare Whitehall after a total knee replacement. My room was on the MedBridge unit. In my two weeks there, I only encountered kindness, compassion and caring. The nursing staff was excellent in meeting my needs and the physical therapy and occupational therapy staffs were just amazing. I really believe that because of their steadfast determination to improve my mobility, after one month post surgery, I am back to my day to day activities and mobility. I would highly recommend this faciility to anyone considering rehab services after surgery. Thanks so much!!

January 29, 2015

By Vety unhappy

Other

My Mother was placed in Manorcare by her Doctor. She had numerous health issues, but she was ent thre to get her greg nth back after heart surgery. due to my moms health issues, she needs a little more help than others. After her nurse answered her call bell, she scared my Mom by getting in her face and telling her "you only push this for an extreme emergency". Shortly after,my mom was having bad chest pains and she pushed her button 5 times with no response. She called me at home, I called the nurses station nd they barely beat me to her room!! We've have other serious neglect issues, but we are struggling with getting a lawyer involved.

March 31, 2012

By Jcleary519

My grandmother had hip replacement surgery on March 11 at Jefferson hospital. I went to a few rehab places in nursing homes to see which one would be good for her. Manor Care in Whitehall was so nice to me when I came in. They took the time to give me a tour without any notice I was coming. Once my Grandma got there they really went out of their way to make her feel at home. In just two days she was walking by herself and using the restroom without assistance. The therapists there are wonderful. They take time with each and everyone there. I have a one and five year old and the therapists let me bring them in during rehab if I want. Grandma is very pleased with everyone there. They play games and watch movies also. It's not home but it comes very close to it. Thank you Whitehall Manor Care. Jen Cleary

Services and Amenities of Manorcare Health Services-whitehall Borough

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Manorcare Health Services-whitehall Borough

Manorcare Health Services-whitehall Borough is a senior living provider in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Manorcare Health Services-whitehall Borough for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manorcare Health Services-whitehall Borough