Heartland - Uptown Westerville

Reviews of Heartland - Uptown Westerville

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland - Uptown Westerville

December 29, 2017

By macaml

DO NOT GO HERE! DO NOT TAKE YOUR FAMILY HERE! My grandmother was transported here from the James cancer hospital. We were told that they would meet her tracheostomy needs and transport her to the James for radiation. Her tracheostomy was to be suctioned every 1-2 hours. She was there for about 3 hours and hadn’t been seen by a nurse once but we told staff that she couldn’t breathe so finally a nurse came in and said her mouth was dry and just gave her a humidifier instead of suctioning her trach. 3 hours after that she STILL had not been suctioned which led her to stop breathing and she has to be rushed to a near by hospital. She was only there for 6 hours and the neglect by the staff and lack of care lead to this emergency. How is this place even open?! I repeat, DO NOT GO HERE or take your family members. Disgusted!!!

September 29, 2017

By M2d2

Convenient location, the week day staff is good. They seem a bit strapped on weekends and holidays. I have had two parents come here for rehab. The physical therapist, nutritionist and social work team really seem to care.

August 25, 2017

By fuming daughter

My mother has been in Heartland for 4 months. She left yesterday to have major surgery on her cervical spine. Today when she returned, we were told they had moved her out of her rehab room to a double long term care room. All of her belongings are in boxes, her special mattress did not get moved. My 92 yr old mother is crying and sitting outside refusing to go into this new room with another person she doesn't even know. We were not given any notice to prepare her for the change. Shame on the mgmt for this horrible change. I am going to report this deplorable care and action to whoever I can. Don't ever come to this facility!!!

November 16, 2016

By reader614

I'm looking for a new facility after 1 day. This place is OLD. It might be ok for assisted living/elder care but for Strok rehab go somewhere else! My husband is only 5' 10" and the bed wasn't long enough for him. They don't even have an ice machine, they give you ice that they scoop from a cooler! A plastic cooler!

March 16, 2016

By Caring One 2

We have had great experiences with Heartland. The nursing staff and care givers are always attentive and the office staff have been very helpful with getting Medicaid st up. The administrator has always been available to assist with anything we needed. The resident is being given excellent care with medical needs, as well. The only concern we had was that we "lost" several pieces of his clothing in the laundry. We now do his laundry ourselves. They really do a great job caring for residents and family members.

March 05, 2016

By mkay72

This facility has really made so much change in the past year & a half. I recently had a family member at this facility that loved the care they received. We have been there multiple times & I have seen the change that has been made due to old survey issues. Those of you who are leery due to survey history, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed with the quality of care for your loved one if you give them a chance. Gorgeous remodeling has been done in the dining & rehab area & they have the BEST rehab team around! The management that has been there in the past 1+ year has made such a difference & will ALWAYS follow up on concerns. Great facility!

August 31, 2015

By CG789987

This was formerly Manor Care and since Heartland fully took over the facility it has deteriorated. Moving my loved one this week, after an ER admission due to poor care. I found out from the Hospital, this facility is on a "Do Not Refer" list. I also found out that a recent public report released on nursing homes listed this as a 1 star facility with a warning label. U.S.News and World Report published this list. This report has a warning label and notifies people reviewing the report that this particular Heartland location was fined over $100,000.00 dollars and does not meet staff levels or a variety of needs for the patients.

February 26, 2015

By Della1957

The caretakers are wonderful, but the office people and social workers are nasty, rude, uninformed (they gave me misinformation about filing for Medicaid after they used up all of Medicare and personal funds). After screwing THAT up, their office manager made a nasty collection and threatened to release my 80-year old mother!

July 01, 2014

By Patsy9

My husband is at Heartland of Uptown Westerville. The social worker from the hospital recommended this facility to us. It seems to be a nice place. It's clean and modern. Everyone I've dealt with has been very helpful. Any time my husband has had a problem, they were always there. I don't have any complaints about them. My husband's room is large enough for four beds, but they only had two beds in there. I would recommend them to anyone.

August 28, 2013

By Bob36

My wife was in ManorCare. She was there for probably six months for rehab and another six weeks of comatose and she passed away there. I was very happy with everything they did for us. They advised me about hospice care and had me checked out funeral arrangements and whatnot, which I wouldn't have done had somebody not suggested it. At that time, I was happy for being in an unhappy situation. I felt well supported. When she was there for a rehab, she wasn't a good patient, but, when I went back to it when I had knee surgery I was with old friends with the people and the staff and that was very nice. I can't think of better recommendation for my wife's care at that time.

About Heartland - Uptown Westerville

Heartland - Uptown Westerville is a senior living provider in Westerville, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland - Uptown Westerville for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland - Uptown Westerville