Shepherd of the Valley - Howland

Reviews of Shepherd of the Valley - Howland

Assisted Living Reviews for Shepherd of the Valley - Howland

January 28, 2015

By Caring102067750

Shepherd of the Valley looked like a worthwhile place. I don't know if it was a 100% suited for my dad, but I liked the fact that they had the condos set-up there. They had an access to the dining. They seemed to have a caring staff. Actually, we ran into some of the workers out in public, and they remembered me. They were very cordial and friendly. They were very positive, very supportive, and very informative. From the set-up, it seemed to be neat and clean. However, we preferred something a little closer to where we lived so we could visit him more frequently. Their assisted living building was very typical where there is a studio-type of set-up with private bath, kitchenette without a stove, a small fridge, and a microwave. They had a laundry service and some other services that were good. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't tiny. They had a dining area on each floor, and there was a dining hall on the main floor too. If the residents were able, they could also dine there. They had a garage attached to it. It was back off the main road, so it was private, and it looked safe. It looked like they had a green area surrounding it. The ground floor had a library, a reading room, a game room, an exercise room, and a restaurant-cafeteria. There were some private rooms, one or two reserved for parties, and then two stories of assisted living above that with their own dining rooms on each floor.

June 28, 2014

By Robert41757050

We liked Shepherd of the Valley because you can go from assisted living to a nursing home without leaving the facility. It has no facility for dementia patients, however. They have small rooms, but the common areas were very spacious and nicely done. The staff was very accommodating and very nice.

December 03, 2012

By dews1989

My church visits member of our church every year. We christmas carol and hand out gift baskets to our members. This facility was extremely nice and accomodating. When we scheduled to come they provided hot chocolate and cookies in the recreation room. Instead of walking the halls, the residents could come to the recreation room and listen to us. The staff was very gratuitous. The facility was very clean and welcoming. It was decorated festively. It felt safe because the doors are locked at all times and visitors need to be buzzed into the building and then sign in at the front desk. The residents are free to come and go and their apartments are cozy. It is evident that the staff and facility care for those living there. There is a cafeteria style dining room. Each apartment or suite has a kitchenette but the meals are provided by the facility. These suites are located on the second floor giving them more privacy. There seemed to be alot of activities available. There was a calendar located in the recreation room.

November 18, 2011

By froglily

it was nice but most have that urine smell. seems like you should be able to get rid of that smell.

Services and Amenities of Shepherd of the Valley - Howland

About Shepherd of the Valley - Howland

Shepherd of the Valley - Howland is a senior living provider in Warren, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Shepherd of the Valley - Howland for more details on services and rates.

Map of Shepherd of the Valley - Howland