36 Assisted Living Facilities near Poland, OH
Also serving communities of New Middletown.
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the Poland area, with 5 in Poland and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Poland is $2,656 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,495.
To help you with your search, browse the 107 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Poland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Poland 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Boardman with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Poland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Poland, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Poland
Located a few miles southwest of Youngstown, Ohio, Poland is a small town with a population under 3,000, yet 17 percent of residents are over the age of 65. There are 37 assisted living communities in the Poland area, and five of the communities reside within the city limits to support seniors in need of help with daily tasks such as housekeeping and grooming.
In Poland and the rest of Ohio, the Department of Health provides licenses and oversight to assisted living communities and refers to them as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Poland
- Poland is a safe community compared to both the Ohio and national crime rate averages. The violent crime rate here is 93 percent lower than the national average, and property crime rates are 77 percent lower, so seniors will likely feel safe walking in town.
- The WRTA, a public bus service, runs Monday through Saturday with 21 fixed routes in Poland, providing seniors safe transportation around the area.
- For seniors, money stretches a little further due to Ohio state tax laws. The state doesn't tax Social Security retirement benefits, and it gives senior tax credits on pensions and retirement savings accounts, including IRAs and 401(k)s.
- Poland does have cold winters with temperatures in the high teens to mid-thirties but doesn't see a lot of snow. However, moderate temperatures in the spring, summer and fall make it a great location for seniors who enjoy spending time outside.
- The cost of living in Poland is two percent lower than the rest of Ohio and 16 percent lower than the national average, making it an affordable option for seniors.
- Poland has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Youngstown, Mercy Health — St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital.
Paying for Assisted Living in Poland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Poland start around $2,506 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Poland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Poland
While Ohio offers expanded Medicaid to help seniors afford the costs of assisted living, there are very few additional options. The Residential State Supplement (RSS) can offer some help on housing costs, and the Golden Buckeye program helps seniors save money on services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Poland
Poland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Poland, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Poland
Poland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Poland
Review of Sunrise of Poland
My father moved into Sunrise of Poland. It was very good, the rooms looked very nice and clean, and they were adequate for him. Susan, the staff member, was very helpful, and so was Jackie. It look... Read more
Review of Shepherd of the Valley - Poland
I had a family member live here until she passed away. Her quality of life in the end was amazing. She had so many friends and attended so many activities. The activities were phenomenal especiall... Read more
Review of The Inn at Poland Way
We chose The Inn at Poland Way because they had an opening when we needed it. My mother-in-law's room was brand new, the place was brand new, and the people were extremely nice. When we first walke... Read more