Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

Reviews of Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

Nursing Home Reviews for Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

October 14, 2015

By bjms200

This facility is probably one of the worst I have experienced in many years. After watching an acquaintance deteriorate from pain and discomfort and never seemed to get any answers or direction from the medical staff, I was able to come to the conclusion that most of the deterioration of this facility was not at the lower end of the staffing, but at the upper levels. Serious communication issues with the medical director and executive director and other upper level management staff. The aides and floor nurses did as much as they could to assist most patients but what most family and visitors don't realize is that the breakdown of care is coming from upper level. Condition of the facility is deteriorating. Furniture is in very poor condition. Seals around commodes missing, sticky floors, etc. I would seriously investigate this facility before putting a loved one here. I gave it 1 star as there were a few very caring aides and nurses who tried to do as much as they could to help the residents.

July 08, 2015

By CindyF

As are most of the facilities around, this home is severely understaffed....being in the healthcare field myself yet NOT an employee here, I find myself filling in when and where there are no Aides available. It is an extremely sad state of affairs when our Senior Citizens do not have the watchful eye of the supervisors/staff at all times to make sure that they are handled in the most loving and caring way possible. There are just a few of the employees there who are very loving, but in general, the caregiver to patient ratio is so severely off, that it almost borders on neglect.

April 21, 2014

By Tonya3

Wood Glen Alzheimer’s Community was recommended to us by another facility. My mother-in-law is a current resident there. They are a very warm community, and they do call themselves "community." There are four different halls called "neighborhoods," and each neighborhood is designed for specific needs or levels of dementia care based on assessments. The staff is trained to deal with people with those specific needs. They are very amenable and very easy to work with. However, I did ask that they stay in communication with me on a weekly basis, but they don't do that. As for activities, they all depend on the level of functioning of the residents and the neighborhood that they are in. They had my mother-in-law on the second highest functioning neighborhood, where they would do things like singing and dancing. They also had parties. However, she qualified for higher functioning level, so they moved her over there, and they would do things like card games. It is almost like being in her own home, just with more people around, and with the same types of things that she would do with family and friends. The rooms at this location, however, we were not as happy with because they are semi-privates only divided by a curtain. In each room, all beds are pushed against the wall so that the residents have as much space as possible. When we did admission, they told us that we can change the room and make it as homey and as personal as we like, but later on, we were told that we are not, so that was kind of disappointing.

Services and Amenities of Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community is a senior living provider in Dayton, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community