Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

Reviews of Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

Nursing Home Reviews for Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

April 21, 2014

By Tonya3

Wood Glen Alzheimer’s Community was recommended to us by another facility. My mother-in-law is a current resident there. They are a very warm community, and they do call themselves "community." There are four different halls called "neighborhoods," and each neighborhood is designed for specific needs or levels of dementia care based on assessments. The staff is trained to deal with people with those specific needs. They are very amenable and very easy to work with. However, I did ask that they stay in communication with me on a weekly basis, but they don't do that. As for activities, they all depend on the level of functioning of the residents and the neighborhood that they are in. They had my mother-in-law on the second highest functioning neighborhood, where they would do things like singing and dancing. They also had parties. However, she qualified for higher functioning level, so they moved her over there, and they would do things like card games. It is almost like being in her own home, just with more people around, and with the same types of things that she would do with family and friends. The rooms at this location, however, we were not as happy with because they are semi-privates only divided by a curtain. In each room, all beds are pushed against the wall so that the residents have as much space as possible. When we did admission, they told us that we can change the room and make it as homey and as personal as we like, but later on, we were told that we are not, so that was kind of disappointing.

Services and Amenities of Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

About Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community

Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community is a senior living provider in Dayton, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community