The Woodlands of Shaker Heights

Reviews of The Woodlands of Shaker Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for The Woodlands of Shaker Heights

January 30, 2017

By RoRozell7

Please do not move your love one to this facility if they have dementia, alzheimer's disease or medical problems. My experience was with the 3rd floor of this facility which is Memory Care. The marketing staff gave my family a false sense of security about the care that my parents would receive. Within 2 days I realized the care wasn't good. The residents on the 3rd floor seemed to be basically on their own, especially in the evening. I realized that there was a shortage of staff and the staff confirmed that it was normal for them to work short staffed. At one point the ratio was 2 staff for 20 residents. Most of the few staff members on the 3rd floor did not have training in the area of memory care. We visited my parents everyday and sometimes twice a day to ensure proper care from the family if not from the facility. My mother went into this facility with small sores on the side of her feet from being a diabetic. Within a month's time my mom's feet were infected with huge ulcers. When my mom was admitted to Ahuja Hospital for another medical problem, one nurse commented that the condition of my mother's feet was caused by pure neglect. The heels of my mother's feet looked as if a chunk of skin was missing and the sores had turned black. The nurses at Woodlands dressed her feet several times a week but did not report the steady deterioration of the condition of her feet. Her feet were always wrapped when our family visited. We thought the nurses were caring for her feet properly. Within a month of moving to the Woodlands my mother went from walking to not being able to walk. I could write a whole lot more but I will sum this up. This is definitely not a facility that will deliver what it promises. This facility is pretty and it is clean but the quality of care is very poor. I would not recommend the memory care floor of Woodlands of Shaker. We removed my parents from this facility within 2 months.

July 11, 2016

By Monica786002

We went to visit Shaker Heights and thought my parents were interested.Next thing I know, I received a bill because she said that they were moving in and they were billing me. I think that was weird and pushy. It’s very small. They wanted to put two people in a small, 4'x4' room. I wouldn’t recommend it.

July 04, 2015

By concerna

The most awful place you can place a love one especially those with memory problems. My aunt was always sitting in her room not visible from the common area. The caregivers were there to take care and entertain her.Very boring place a stack of old puzzles, picture books and nail polish. No one on one with those that needed it the most on the third floor. i would always ask where is the quality of life. The majority of the staff seem to report to work to entertain each other. Each time I visit my aunt I had to freshen her up. Her face never looked like it was washed and she smelled of urine. How sad that the state allow abuse in institutions like this one. There in the business for money while love ones suffer.

July 24, 2013

By Irene8

I though Woodlands was a good fit for my sister the way they had it advertised and the way the person doing the interview presented it but it really wasn't. The rooms were small, they had no activities for the residents and they don't have any knowledge of memory care, Alzheimer's and dementia. The food is horrible because it has a lot of sodium and my sister had a high blood pressure. They could improve on the having more activities and be aware on Alzheimer's and dementia care.

Photos of The Woodlands of Shaker Heights

Services and Amenities of The Woodlands of Shaker Heights

• State Licenses: #2055R

About The Woodlands of Shaker Heights

Savor the lifestyle at The Woodlands of Shaker Heights, an Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Shaker Heights, Ohio, that offers a bed-and-breakfast-style environment. Our residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living - freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning - with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our community offers one-bedroom floor plans that make our residents feel comfortable with wall-to-wall carpet and individual climate controls. Because safety is of the utmost concern, we offer peace of mind with call buttons in every apartment and assist rails in all bathrooms. Friendly and knowledgeable staff members are on call 24 hours a day to provide care plans tailored for every resident with support services such as medication reminders and special nutritional counseling available depending on the level of care required. Whether residents dress up for our formal meals or to go out on the town with our courtesy transportation, they are sure to have fun when they experience our full calendar of activities and social programs.

Map of The Woodlands of Shaker Heights