38 Assisted Living Facilities near Garfield Heights, OH
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Garfield Heights area, with 1 in Garfield Heights and 37 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 172 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Garfield Heights. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Garfield Heights 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Beachwood with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Garfield Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Garfield Heights, OH
37 Assisted Living Facilities near Garfield Heights, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Garfield Heights
In the 1820s Garfield Heights, Ohio, was larger than Cleveland. Since then Cleveland has grown, but Garfield Heights remains a sizable city of just under 30,000 people. Over 15 percent of the population are aged 65 and over and there is one assisted living facility in the city catering to seniors and another 49 in nearby communities. These facilities are monitored and licensed by the Ohio Department of Health. The state offers different licenses depending on the size of the facility and the level of care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Garfield Heights
- The City of Garfield Heights provides senior transport to residents of the city through the Garfield Heights Senior Center. This is a curb-to-curb service offered to people 60 years and over.
- Seniors who receive income from retirement funds or pensions are subject to income tax in Ohio, although they may be eligible for a tax credit. Social Security is tax-exempt, allowing seniors who receive income from this source to keep more of their money for retirement living.
- The overall cost of living in Garfield Heights is rated at 78 by the Sperling index, which is 22 points lower than the national average and 10 points lower than the Ohio average. The cost of groceries and health care are also lower than the state average, making the city an economical place for retirees to settle in Ohio.
- The weather in Garfield Heights can be wet and cloudy and the city gets precipitation 87 days each year. In January the average low temperature is just 20 degrees and the city gets around 63 inches of snow each year, 37 more than the national average. This can be challenging for seniors who don't like the cold.
- The Garfield Heights area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Marymount Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cuyahoga County, including Garfield Heights, has poor air quality. Both ozone pollution and annual particle pollution received a failing grade in the State of the Air Report 2018, although 24-hour particle pollution received a B grade. High levels of air pollution may affect the health of seniors with lung problems and other respiratory issues.
Paying for Assisted Living in Garfield Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Garfield Heights start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Garfield Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Garfield Heights
Ohio has an Assisted Living Waiver Program, which funds care for residents while allowing them to pay for room and board. Seniors in Garfield Heights may be eligible for this program. Financial assistance may also be available through the Optional State Supplement for seniors who receive income from Social Security.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Garfield Heights
Garfield Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Garfield Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Garfield Heights
Garfield Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Garfield Heights, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Garfield Heights
Review of Jennings
Jennings was very nice. We might have considered them, except they didn’t do any field trips or anything like that, and my husband would enjoy that because he used to love going for a ride. They ha... Read more
Review of Jennings
I’ve eaten at Jennings Assisted Living. The food was quite good. They keep the place very clean and very pleasant. I would recommend it. In fact, I told the director of admissions that if I needed ... Read more
Review of Jennings
Jennings Center had a lot of different activities for the residents. The rooms were very big and spacious. The staff was attentive to the residents as well as the family members. Read more