Jennings

Reviews of Jennings

Assisted Living Reviews for Jennings

October 30, 2013

By Dodi30

My Mom was a resident in assisted living at the Jennings Center for 6 years. She has now transitioned into the nursing care section of the facility. Our experience with the Jennings Center was wonderful. Mom's apartment had a small living room, walk-through kitchen area with microwave and apartment style refridgerator, a separate large bedroom area and an in-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. The apartment was large and there was another larger living room area on her floor that we could use when extended family came to visit. The Jennings Center provided a range of activities for residents. Many take place in the dining area on the main floor. There is also a preschool located in the facility, which makes for a good synergy with intergenerational programming. As Mom's needs changed, she added more services, like medication administration. Eventually when she needed to transition to the nursing home, the staff was very helpful in assisting us. The Jennings Center also has a great Wellness Center on site where Mom could see a doctor or dentist. There is also a beauty salon in-house. The Jennings Center provides a range of options including independent living apartments, assisted living, a memory unit, and nursing home. The staff is very professional, warm, and caring.

October 18, 2012

By Sunny8

I have visited the Facility a few times to provide transportation to an old friend of the family who lives there, First thing I noticed when I walked in was the shopping carts they keep next to the doors for resident to pick up their groceries from the car instead of carrying it, I thought it was great for older people it made their trip faster and easier, then as I walked in I notice how neat the place was,it smelled very nice and it was very clean, also staff were very polite and kind they offered help when we got back from shopping, and I was surprised because I have passed by more then 20 employees and they all knew my friend, it showed me how such caring people they are even thou they have so many other residents living there, I ended up referring two people there which one is living there ow and she loves the place.

December 07, 2011

By NancyGolds

My grandmother has been a resident at The Jennings Center for the past 2 years. She lives in a small apartment with a bathroom and a bedroom. She is able to keep a small refrigerator in her apartment and was also able to port over a great majority of the possessions from her home.The staff at The Jennings Center has always treated my grandmother as an adult. This may seem like a silly statement (of course they should treat her like an adult), but it has been my experience that some retirement facilities treat the elderly as children and in doing do take away their dignity. This is not the case at The Jennings Center.Further, in all of my visits to The Jennings Center I have always felt that my grandmother is being watched over with care. There is no question that the staff is invested in her well being and that their primary role is to preserve her health.Finally, the facility itself is beautiful and also located in close proximity to a hospital. This is important to me because if anything were to happen my grandmother could be quickly taken to an urgent care facility (ER).All in all, The Jennings Center is an excellent facility and one that I have recommended time and time again.

May 18, 2011

By Sigmarick

Friend or relative of resident

This is a somewhat older facility. Facility is clean and well lit. Not out dated by any means but not as modern or expensive as some newer senior living homes in this area. There seemed to be some staff turnover but the the staff assigned to my grandmother where kind and attentive. I hated to think about cost when it came to my grandmother's care but the reality is long-term care is very expensive. Jennings would not be my first option but factoring the cost and convenient location, it was a good choice.

Services and Amenities of Jennings

About Jennings

Jennings is a senior living provider in Garfield Heights, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Jennings for more details on services and rates.

Map of Jennings