Towne Center Community Campus

Nursing Home Reviews for Towne Center Community Campus

December 19, 2015

By Georigia

Other

While this facility is clean, attractive and looks well planned out, it is woefully understaffed. It is not the fault of the nurses who we believe are doing their best, but top management and the protocols set up for attending (or lack of) physicians. We had our Mom moved here after major surgery thinking she would receive the best care and instead almost died twice. They coerced her into doing P.T. telling us Medicare would kick her out if she didn't participate; even though she was gray, with blue lips and sweating profusely for a week. She had severe pneumonia. If not for family members calling 911 two different occasions she would have died. She was also diagnosed with C. Diff diarrhea and after 6 months I finally looked at her chart (my stupid fault) and they also had her on laxatives the entire time. Her Primary Care physician had her so loaded up on drugs that she didn't even know where she was. I would like to name this local female physician, but will not; however she only saw her once a month. Please do not send an ill loved-one here.

November 09, 2015

By january2305

My grandfather was placed at main street for rehab after a broken hip. The facility it self is beautiful but that is about it. They were always short staffed, one nurse and one stna for 20+ patients. Management didn't seem to care when complaints arised due to short staffing and improper care. I would not recommend this place, not because the nurses or stnas were incompetent, but because the company is for profit and does not care for their staff or the patients they take care of.

August 22, 2015

I broke both my hips, and I was in Town Center for rehab for 12 days. It was gorgeous. However, they don't have enough help. I was in Orthopedics where people had broken hips, knee surgeries, etc. They had one RN and one aide in the evening, and I don't think they had much more than that during the daytime. At night, they had a man aide like if you needed help with the bathroom. I had a nice room, and everything was beautiful. You had to go down for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and it was quite a hike, but walking is good, so that was fine. The meals were OK. They had bingo, cards, and day trips. However, one RN and one aide for a whole floor is not right. I don't know what they do on the other floors.

March 03, 2015

By daughterofrehabpatient

We had heard nothing but accolades for this place, but my mom went in for simple hip replacement rehab and it was the worst experience we've ever had. This company is out to make a buck, nobody cares about rehab patients. They are put in with nursing home patients and left to care for themselves. If you want ANYTHING, even a pitcher of water you must ask for it, then you may never see it. Physical therapy on the weekend was practically non existent. Once the weekday arrived, my mom got gastroenteritis, along with the two patients in the rooms next to her, with whom she had never interacted. She was too ill to even participate in therapy which was the reason she was there. The only positive was Dr.Voytas and his nurse, who were the only people who were dependable and gave any care. We pulled her out early and plan to spread the word to everyone we know.

January 23, 2015

By Rose35

Towne Center Community Campus was neat and clean. It didn't look like a nursing home, and the staff was very nice. I would definitely recommend them. This would be number one in my list. I will tell my kids to send me here if I had to go to a nursing home.

May 08, 2012

By shoremom66

When I could no longer keep my mom safe at home, my sisters and I researched and visited 6 area nursing homes and prayed for a spot at Main Street, which is part of the Sprenger Family Facilities at Towne Center. Mom lived at Main Street for almost exactly two years, and it was the best thing I could have done for her. The nurses, aides, therapists, activities director and dining room and cleaning personnel all treated her like a loved member of the family. Mom was able to thrive there, far better than I had been able to care for her at home. There was constant interaction with staff and other residents. Any issues we migth have had were addressed almost instantly by the D.O.N. and the Administrator. When she was dying, the staff provided our family with food and as much quiet time with Mom as could be. I often promote Main Street to people in the community, and should I ever need rehab, I would absolutely suggest the PT department in this wonderful facility.

March 24, 2012

By anonymouser

Quality of care was horrible. My parent ended up passing away. We were overbilled for prescription drugs though I received a call three hours my parent was removed to go to a hospital due to a serious medical care of which my parent died from that they had given my my parent no prescription drugs since her wonderful doctor never called in for EIGHT DAYS. So, what - we were billed 1,800 for an aspirin? THIS IS A FOR PROFIT CENTER AND PEOPLE SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THEY DO NOT CARE - THEY WILL CHECK YOU OUT WITHOUT GIVING YOU THE PROPER SKILLS AND THEIR SOCIAL WORKER STAFF IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I WORK IN OHIO AT A NOT FOR PROFIT AND YOU CAN HONESTLY SEE THE DIFFERENCE. THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE A BUCK, SERVE THE WORST FOOD, AND TREAT MANY PATIENTS LIKE THEY ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH.

Services and Amenities of Towne Center Community Campus

About Towne Center Community Campus

Towne Center Community Campus is a senior living provider in Avon Lake, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Towne Center Community Campus for more details on services and rates.

Map of Towne Center Community Campus