Harbor House Oyster Bay, NY

Reviews of Harbor House

Assisted Living Reviews for Harbor House

May 30, 2017

By emily628482

Harbor House to me was rundown. Everything seemed very dated. When I was there, most of them were sort of napping at their tables. I'm not going to say they're engaged in any kind of activities, so I can't say if they have good activities. It just looked a little rundown. But my mom was too alive for the place. It's the only way I could describe it. It's hard to say it is just a group of people they had at the time, but definitely the facility could use some updating. For the amount you pay, it could have been more updated.

November 28, 2016

By Deidre877637

I visited Oyster Bay Manor. I found the staff to be very nice. The actual facility was OK, but not overwhelming. The dining area looked clean.

November 30, 2015

Oyster Bay Manor was very nice, accommodating, and helpful. It was small, and the rooms were clean. There are activities going on, and the people who live there seemed to enjoy it. They said the food was good. The staff was very nice and friendly.

November 29, 2015

By Paul77958850

Oyster Bay was very flexible. The rooms seemed very good, very nice, and spacious. They had church activities and outings. My mother said the food was OK.

January 09, 2015

Oyster Bay did not seem like they had as many activities compared to the other assisted-living facilities that I have visited. There were not as many common areas, and it seemed like there were not as many planned activities. The residents did not seem engaged.

In the last three months we have added 6,000 additional sq ft. for common area. This comprises of a lovely solarium off the dining room which is a beautiful room and now even more so. A second solarium 30 by 30 on the second floor adjacent to another recreation quiet room on that floor as well. The thirds floor has a correct size pool table. And the grounds have been upgraded as well. Our recreation program is constantly being improved with new activities and trips. If a tour walks thru the building and may seem that it is quiet, it is only because the other people are out on trips .

September 01, 2014

By Mary94148950

Oyster Bay Manor is a converted hotel so the rooms are smaller. It has nice environment. The residents can participate in the activities and they make more frequent trips. The staff were fairly accommodating. We saw the dining area and it was very nice. They keep that restaurant-like feeling for the residents.

May 21, 2014

By hwilson

My father was a resident of this facility for a year. I could not say enough good things about it nor recommend it more highly. The family and homelike atmosphere is dignified and lovely and such a wonderful contrast to the assisted living "chains" we had viewed. Most importantly, the staff are beyond superb and caring and the care that my father and my family received during his time there was excellent. I will always be grateful to them.

Costs for Harbor House

Photos of Harbor House

Services and Amenities of Harbor House

• State Licenses: 400-F-313

• About Harbor House

At Oyster Bay Manor Assisted Living, we provide gracious assisted living at affordable prices with a comprehensive care program. Enjoy the life ahead of you surrounded by a caring community. Join in activities, find a friend around every corner and celebrate each day.

Experience a carefree way of life at Oyster Bay Manor.

Services

In House Services
    • Three nutritious meals per day
    • Daily housekeeping, laundry and linen services
    • Maintenance of resident rooms
    • 50-channel cable provided
    • Trips and outings to local places of interest
    • A variety of therapeutic recreational activities
    • Weekly religious services
    • Beauty parlor/barbershop
    • Case management services
    • Assistance with alternate placement
    Comprehensive Medical Services
    • Pre-admission home visit and/or assessment
    • Assistance obtaining pre-admission paperwork
    • Superior nursing staff
    • Board-certified specialty consultants
      (Audiology, Cardiology, Dental, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gerontology, Hematology/Oncology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Psychiatry, Psychology, Pulmonology, Urology)
    • Medication management
    • Coordination of medical appointments
    • Pharmacy services
    • On-site diagnostic services
      (X-rays, laboratory testing, EKGs, echocardiograms, Doppler testing)
    • Quarterly cognitive assessment
    • Assistance with personal care

Oyster Bay Manor exudes a warm & welcome atmosphere from the moment you step in the door. Our owner is on premises and available to meet with you

Map of Harbor House