Autumn View Health Care Facility

Reviews of Autumn View Health Care Facility

Nursing Home Reviews for Autumn View Health Care Facility

July 17, 2017

By Linda

Autumn View Health Care Facility LLC was very clean. I was very happy and pleased with it. It had a very nice atmosphere. The staff was very nice and very friendly. It seemed like everything was in order and well organized.
Dear Linda – thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Autumn View Health Care Facility. Your comments have been shared with our team.

May 25, 2017

By healing-spirit

Words can not express how grateful I was that my mom was able to spend her last days at Autumnview. Staff truly went above and beyond to make sure not only that she was comfortable but were also attentive to my needs as well. All staff were not only respectful but so kind and loving in my mom's last hours. I will never be able to thank them enough.
Thank you for your kind words about your experience at Autumn View Health Care Facility. It was our privilege to care for your mother.

January 04, 2017

By Grandma C

I have been a resident at this facility 3 different times. I cannot say 1 negative thing about this facility. The food, care, and rooms are wonderful.. Which is why I chose it the second and third time I needed care. In fact the last time I was really depressed over my health and the staff took turns sitting with me to see I wasn't alone.
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences at Autumn View Health Care Facility. As you’re aware, our team works hard to create a culture of quality and caring for our residents and staff. We’re happy to have played a role in your recovery, and we thank you for placing your trust in us.

April 22, 2016

By pleased27

My father has been a Autum View Manor for rehab following a knee replacement. The staff has been friendly and efficient. They are extremely attentive. My father, whom we were afraid would hate being in a facilty, says it is "really nice here. The food is good, it's clean and they take really good care of me."
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your father’s experience at Autumn View. We’re glad to hear he enjoyed his stay.

October 06, 2014

By tbwlra

My mother was just had knee surgery. She was scheduled to go to Aurora Park for her rehab. She heard great things about Autumn and changed to their facility. The 1st night the, she need the restroom and after 3 calls and 30 minutes, the nurse finally sent someone down after being very demeaning to my mother. I visited that morning and my mom explained what happen. The next time she needed the restroom, I timed the response. After 20 minutes I had to go find a nurse. I found 3 nurses standing together and having small talk. The were not please I interrupted them for assistance and were not polite. The left my mom in the restroom and never came back. I had to find a nurse again after the left her. However, this nurse was very pleasant. My 2 sisters visited my sister this weekend and they experience the same service. The kicker is that Autumn makes the patient sign a document that they will not stand up or use the restroom with out a nurses assistance, but Autumn View does not have the personnel to support this requirement. The doctor said they are short staffed, the nurse complain they are short staffed and the lady collecting trash there says the same thing. Once my mom can walk stairs she is out of this poor place for care. I would recommend another facility was rehab. They are short staffed and their service proves it

February 01, 2014

By Caring020114

We chose Autumn View Health Care Facility LLC because my uncle used to live in the senior apartment right next to it and he had been there five years previously. They had excellent accommodation, and both the staff and services were very good. He did not get out of bed himself, so he had to be taken out of bed and put into his chair. And so he would drive himself back and forth to the dining room. They changed his diaper when they put his catheter in. They bathed him and made sure he was clean daily. They provided whatever was needed and they gave excellent care to him. There were activities for the residents but he did not like to participate in any. I have not tried the food but it seemed to look decent. I visited other places and I would say this facility was a better place.

May 11, 2012

By slkoko

My Dad was a resident at Autumnview for 6 short months of the last part of his life. The staff at Autumnview treated Dad as if he was Family from the very first minute he arrived at the nursing home, which to Mom & my sisters was such an overwhelming sense of relief after the last 5 months he had spent at a previous nursing home (which will go unnamed) but Dad's care was to say the lease neglectful to the point where his life was endangered & we felt we had NO choice but to find another NH for Dad. We were so Happy to find Autumnview, they not only treated Dad like Family, but they always made Mom & myself & my sisters feel like family as well. Dad always had a smile on his face when we visited, which meant alot, since Dad Hated any kind of medical insitution, if he ever had to be in the hospital, he always fought it, & has been know to walk out AMA! In previous places he would Not participate in his PT or OT, at Autumnview he did what they asked of him & told me he would even do more! I even at times saw him trying to socialize with some of the other residents on occasion & if you ever knew dad, this was just not like him. As far as him care, They were always on top of things & if we ever had any concerns they addressed them right away, usually within 24 hrs, if not sooner! Every day they have all 3 meals posted in several areas througout the wing, which was nice as Dad was a picky eater & we could bring in food he liked. They were very good about heating up the special food we brought from home as long as you let them know what you wanted him to have & where you left it.The residents eat in a formal dining room, but can choose to eat in a smaller rec room. The staff was always very accomadating. As Dad's condition worsened & he needed more care, there care did not change, they gave him the nursing care & attention he needed & deserved. If they felt he needed hospitilization, they would phone me first as I had instructed them to do. We were extremely luckly that they had an opening when we needed one, we had made the decision that Dad could not have gone back to that other NH as their mistakes could have killed him! I would recommend Autumnview Nursing Home & any of their affiliates, I really feel they give excellent care to their residents & truly do care about them!!

March 08, 2012

By also anonymous

My mother was there after knee surgery for rehab and it does look like a nice facility but they were giving her medications that she wasnt to take and overmedication her for days and she became very ill. The Dr there acted like an idiot and luckily her surgeon requested her to be removed there asap. If she wouldve stayed any longer, I really think she would have die from an overdose. The workers are incompetent. I also heard from someone that had worked there that a few people were fired there from using drugs. DO NOT send your loved one there!

July 11, 2011

By anonymous321

My mother was a resident for short term rehab and our family found this facility to be rather pleasant. Staff was couteous and and concerned and available for any issues we may have needed addressed. The facility had just been remodeled and the new decor was bright,pleasant and very clean. Residents were not congregated in front of a TV but usually engaged in some type of activity in the dayroom.

Photos of Autumn View Health Care Facility

About Autumn View Health Care Facility

Welcome to The McGuire Group’s family-owned Autumn View Health Care Facility located in Hamburg, NY. Since 1983, we have been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that include inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, palliative care and respite/short-term care. This commitment has resulted in our facility continuously receiving outstanding 5-star ratings from the federal government, which rates every facility in the country. In addition, for the past five years, the NY State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. Autumn View is among an elite list of facilities state-wide that has achieved the top quintile status for 5 out of 5 years, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone. Our staff welcomes you to complete an online admission application and make an appointment for a personal tour. Thank you for your interest in Autumn View.

Map of Autumn View Health Care Facility