Autumn View Health Care Facility

Reviews of Autumn View Health Care Facility

Nursing Home Reviews for Autumn View Health Care Facility

May 11, 2012

By slkoko

My Dad was a resident at Autumnview for 6 short months of the last part of his life. The staff at Autumnview treated Dad as if he was Family from the very first minute he arrived at the nursing home, which to Mom & my sisters was such an overwhelming sense of relief after the last 5 months he had spent at a previous nursing home (which will go unnamed) but Dad's care was to say the lease neglectful to the point where his life was endangered & we felt we had NO choice but to find another NH for Dad. We were so Happy to find Autumnview, they not only treated Dad like Family, but they always made Mom & myself & my sisters feel like family as well. Dad always had a smile on his face when we visited, which meant alot, since Dad Hated any kind of medical insitution, if he ever had to be in the hospital, he always fought it, & has been know to walk out AMA! In previous places he would Not participate in his PT or OT, at Autumnview he did what they asked of him & told me he would even do more! I even at times saw him trying to socialize with some of the other residents on occasion & if you ever knew dad, this was just not like him. As far as him care, They were always on top of things & if we ever had any concerns they addressed them right away, usually within 24 hrs, if not sooner! Every day they have all 3 meals posted in several areas througout the wing, which was nice as Dad was a picky eater & we could bring in food he liked. They were very good about heating up the special food we brought from home as long as you let them know what you wanted him to have & where you left it.The residents eat in a formal dining room, but can choose to eat in a smaller rec room. The staff was always very accomadating. As Dad's condition worsened & he needed more care, there care did not change, they gave him the nursing care & attention he needed & deserved. If they felt he needed hospitilization, they would phone me first as I had instructed them to do. We were extremely luckly that they had an opening when we needed one, we had made the decision that Dad could not have gone back to that other NH as their mistakes could have killed him! I would recommend Autumnview Nursing Home & any of their affiliates, I really feel they give excellent care to their residents & truly do care about them!!

March 08, 2012

By also anonymous

My mother was there after knee surgery for rehab and it does look like a nice facility but they were giving her medications that she wasnt to take and overmedication her for days and she became very ill. The Dr there acted like an idiot and luckily her surgeon requested her to be removed there asap. If she wouldve stayed any longer, I really think she would have die from an overdose. The workers are incompetent. I also heard from someone that had worked there that a few people were fired there from using drugs. DO NOT send your loved one there!

July 11, 2011

By anonymous321

My mother was a resident for short term rehab and our family found this facility to be rather pleasant. Staff was couteous and and concerned and available for any issues we may have needed addressed. The facility had just been remodeled and the new decor was bright,pleasant and very clean. Residents were not congregated in front of a TV but usually engaged in some type of activity in the dayroom.

Photos of Autumn View Health Care Facility

Services and Amenities of Autumn View Health Care Facility

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Autumn View Health Care Facility

Welcome to The McGuire Group’s family-owned Autumn View Health Care Facility located in Hamburg, NY. Since 1983, we have been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that include inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, palliative care and respite/short-term care. This commitment has resulted in our facility continuously receiving outstanding 5-star ratings from the federal government, which rates every facility in the country. In addition, for the past five years, the NY State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. Autumn View is among an elite list of facilities state-wide that has achieved the top quintile status for 5 out of 5 years, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone. Our staff welcomes you to complete an online admission application and make an appointment for a personal tour. Thank you for your interest in Autumn View.

Map of Autumn View Health Care Facility