Autumn View Health Care Facility

Reviews of Autumn View Health Care Facility

Nursing Home Reviews for Autumn View Health Care Facility

October 06, 2014

By tbwlra

My mother was just had knee surgery. She was scheduled to go to Aurora Park for her rehab. She heard great things about Autumn and changed to their facility. The 1st night the, she need the restroom and after 3 calls and 30 minutes, the nurse finally sent someone down after being very demeaning to my mother. I visited that morning and my mom explained what happen. The next time she needed the restroom, I timed the response. After 20 minutes I had to go find a nurse. I found 3 nurses standing together and having small talk. The were not please I interrupted them for assistance and were not polite. The left my mom in the restroom and never came back. I had to find a nurse again after the left her. However, this nurse was very pleasant. My 2 sisters visited my sister this weekend and they experience the same service. The kicker is that Autumn makes the patient sign a document that they will not stand up or use the restroom with out a nurses assistance, but Autumn View does not have the personnel to support this requirement. The doctor said they are short staffed, the nurse complain they are short staffed and the lady collecting trash there says the same thing. Once my mom can walk stairs she is out of this poor place for care. I would recommend another facility was rehab. They are short staffed and their service proves it

February 01, 2014

By Caring020114

We chose Autumn View Health Care Facility LLC because my uncle used to live in the senior apartment right next to it and he had been there five years previously. They had excellent accommodation, and both the staff and services were very good. He did not get out of bed himself, so he had to be taken out of bed and put into his chair. And so he would drive himself back and forth to the dining room. They changed his diaper when they put his catheter in. They bathed him and made sure he was clean daily. They provided whatever was needed and they gave excellent care to him. There were activities for the residents but he did not like to participate in any. I have not tried the food but it seemed to look decent. I visited other places and I would say this facility was a better place.

May 11, 2012

By slkoko

My Dad was a resident at Autumnview for 6 short months of the last part of his life. The staff at Autumnview treated Dad as if he was Family from the very first minute he arrived at the nursing home, which to Mom & my sisters was such an overwhelming sense of relief after the last 5 months he had spent at a previous nursing home (which will go unnamed) but Dad's care was to say the lease neglectful to the point where his life was endangered & we felt we had NO choice but to find another NH for Dad. We were so Happy to find Autumnview, they not only treated Dad like Family, but they always made Mom & myself & my sisters feel like family as well. Dad always had a smile on his face when we visited, which meant alot, since Dad Hated any kind of medical insitution, if he ever had to be in the hospital, he always fought it, & has been know to walk out AMA! In previous places he would Not participate in his PT or OT, at Autumnview he did what they asked of him & told me he would even do more! I even at times saw him trying to socialize with some of the other residents on occasion & if you ever knew dad, this was just not like him. As far as him care, They were always on top of things & if we ever had any concerns they addressed them right away, usually within 24 hrs, if not sooner! Every day they have all 3 meals posted in several areas througout the wing, which was nice as Dad was a picky eater & we could bring in food he liked. They were very good about heating up the special food we brought from home as long as you let them know what you wanted him to have & where you left it.The residents eat in a formal dining room, but can choose to eat in a smaller rec room. The staff was always very accomadating. As Dad's condition worsened & he needed more care, there care did not change, they gave him the nursing care & attention he needed & deserved. If they felt he needed hospitilization, they would phone me first as I had instructed them to do. We were extremely luckly that they had an opening when we needed one, we had made the decision that Dad could not have gone back to that other NH as their mistakes could have killed him! I would recommend Autumnview Nursing Home & any of their affiliates, I really feel they give excellent care to their residents & truly do care about them!!

March 08, 2012

By also anonymous

My mother was there after knee surgery for rehab and it does look like a nice facility but they were giving her medications that she wasnt to take and overmedication her for days and she became very ill. The Dr there acted like an idiot and luckily her surgeon requested her to be removed there asap. If she wouldve stayed any longer, I really think she would have die from an overdose. The workers are incompetent. I also heard from someone that had worked there that a few people were fired there from using drugs. DO NOT send your loved one there!

July 11, 2011

By anonymous321

My mother was a resident for short term rehab and our family found this facility to be rather pleasant. Staff was couteous and and concerned and available for any issues we may have needed addressed. The facility had just been remodeled and the new decor was bright,pleasant and very clean. Residents were not congregated in front of a TV but usually engaged in some type of activity in the dayroom.

Photos of Autumn View Health Care Facility

Services and Amenities of Autumn View Health Care Facility

• Housing Extra: We Offer Both Private And Semi Private Rooms

• Dining Extra: We Have A Private Dining Room And Lounge Areas For Special Family Gatherings

• Nurse On Staff: We Have Nurses On Staff 24 Hours Per Day.

• Activities Extra: Volunteer Visits, Pet Visits, Special Programs With Big Tree Elementary School. Visits From Community Groups And Organizations, I.E. Scouting Troops, Schools, Musical Groups, Religious Organizations, Etc.

• Financial Guidance Extra: Long Term Care Insurance, Private Pay Check, Private Pay Credit Card

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: Subacute Rehabilitation.

• Personal Care Assistants
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Respite/Short Term Care For Stays Of 3 To 30 Days.

Payment options

• Insurance

• Licenses: Licensure, State License – Skilled Nursing Facility Licensure, State License – Residential HC Facility Licensure, State License – Medicaid Certified

About Autumn View Health Care Facility

Welcome to Autumn View Health Care Facility, located in Hamburg, New York. For four decades, our employees have been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that have defined our local health care community.

The team at Autumn View is comprised of McGuire Mission Makers who have been hand-selected for their ability and commitment to being Compassionate, Dependable, Courteous, and Informative. These four “Keys” are reflective of the relationships and respect they have for our residents and patients as well as their fellow co-workers.

This commitment has resulted in Autumn View continuously receiving outstanding star ratings from the federal government, which rates every nursing facility in the country. To see our rankings, as well as those of other facilities, visit www.medicare.gov.

In addition, every year the New York State Department of Health issues a Nursing Home Quality Initiative (NHQI) that evaluates 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. The McGuire Group’s six facilities, including Autumn View, are among an elite list of facilities state-wide that have achieved the top quintile status every year since its inception, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone.

Our Services Include:

• Subacute & Outpatient Rehabilitation
  • 24-Hour Skilled Nursing Care
  • Palliative Care
  • Respite/Short-Term Care

We encourage you to visit our website and complete the online admission application. Thank you for your interest in Autumn View Health Care Facility.

Our subacute rehabilitation center features a full-scale Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Suite with modules for specialized training in kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and laundry settings. This environment allows you to learn techniques that will help you be successful and self-sufficient upon returning home.

Map of Autumn View Health Care Facility