Fairwinds - Rio Rancho Rio Rancho, NM

Reviews of Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

Assisted Living Reviews for Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

October 10, 2016

By Ruth086451

I think Fairwinds is a beautiful establishment. They have all kinds of activities for the people. We had lunch, and the food was good. It tasted good, and there was a variety. Food wasn’t just brought on the table.

February 09, 2016

By APhillips1

Fairwinds - Rio Rancho had an awesome representative. I enjoyed the facility, it is a very busy place. The lobby area to the dining area is more like a restaurant. They have a fairly big menu. They allow you to eat anytime you wish to which is a big feature for me. They have a lot of people who will assist you. The staff was nice, and friendly. Parking was an issue though.

July 29, 2014

I ended up putting my brother at Fairwinds. The reason I chose Fairwinds, was that I can get there in 3 ½ hours from downtown Albuquerque. I probably ended up being wrong, because it's a very large facility. My brother has taken off, and he comes back, but he gets lost. He has memory loss. He needed to be in something that was a little smaller. Fairwinds is very active. There's something going on all the time. It just seems like a very busy community. The restaurant is open all day. The staff is very friendly.

September 26, 2013

By Cyndi3

I had a one-time tour at Fairwinds Rio Rancho. The place is not brand new, but it has been remodeled, and it's very well kept. They have a restaurant-style dining place. The place really seemed very nice. The sales person was very friendly and the residents seemed to be healthy and well taken cared for. They have small group activities when I visited there and it looked good. The price is also a good deal.

November 01, 2012

By Marilyn8

We thought Fairwinds just seem to fit my mother-in-law's needs better. It's so close to my brother-in-law and he's able to visit her quite often. The facility was fabulous. There's no other word for it. It was just first class for what they charge. The cafeteria was beautiful, the staff were so nice to the residents. The residents have an option or a menu and they were able to choose what they wanted to eat. It's very, very elegant. It was not like an old folks home at all. My mother-in-law is almost 99 and has severe dementia. She passed away, but we were there with her a week. She had a beautiful apartment, and so well taken care of. Their attention to the residents was just amazing. They had a full-range of activities like card rooms. I could have live there. I would definitely recommend this facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

June 06, 2017

By caring-3616

Fairwinds - Rio Rancho was great. The problem was it was too big, and my brother got lost in there. If he had participated, I think he would have loved the place, but he just held up in his room, went down for his meals, and sat by himself because they had restaurant style dining, and the food was excellent. There wasn’t anything wrong with Fairwinds. It just wasn’t the right fit for him, and it was too big of a facility. They had a lot going on down there; he just didn’t participate.

March 28, 2017

By Paula041064

Fairwinds-Rio Rancho is a great place that's reasonably priced for my mother's services. We picked Mom a $2,400 a month studio combined with an additional $200 a month of extra services, but these include an enormous amount of stuff. There is a menu of additional services that you can pick from such as medication, inhalers, and showering. There are also elevated services that become available as needs become necessary. My mom came down with a horrible gastrointestinal sickness and shortly after that, other residents started coming down with the same sickness, so they locked down and quarantined the entire building to stop it. It took a couple of weeks, which was hard on the staff, the residents, and the families, but I appreciate the fact that they were so diligent to make it stop.
Dear Paula, Thank you so much for your recent review of our community. We are glad to hear that your mom is receiving the services she needs and that you are aware that you can make changes to her plan as needed. The safety of our residents is priority number one and when we have any illness in the building that affects residents we need to be very proactive; we maintain an open communication regarding the circumstances with residents and family members. Thank you for your understanding and if you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for making Fairwinds Rio Rancho your mom's new home. Jorge Hornos, General Manager

March 28, 2017

By Ruth638700

Fairwinds was wonderful. The residents were active, engaged, and fun. We looked at their apartments. Although they were a little dated, they were clean and the roomiest we've seen. It was the most reasonably priced of the ones that I visited. The location was great for me. It had a homey atmosphere. The residents were involved in all kinds of activities and had fun. I took my parents for dinner there. The food was superb, and the wait staff was really good. I would recommend them.

March 14, 2017

By Mogens

We moved in at Fairwinds - Rio Rancho. The place is satisfactory but costly. The staff are professional and very friendly. We get all of our meals here, which is a plus.
Thank you so much for choosing Fairwinds Rio Rancho as your home! Our Guest Service Department is always here to help with your needs, such as laundry, transportation, and housekeeping. Please make sure to attend as many activities as you can. We also offer a full menu in our Restaurant along with the daily specials. Watch for our upcoming completion of the new Bocce Ball Court and Putting Green for your enjoyment! Thank you again for choosing Fairwinds Rio Rancho! Jorge Hornos, General Manager

January 19, 2017

By Patricia775845

At Fairwinds, the staff is extremely friendly and responsive. The environment is very social. The meal times are longer than in other places.

October 11, 2016

By Wendy454888

I’m living at Fairwinds Rio Rancho right now. It’s very elegant and very luxurious. The staff is very caring and very friendly. I live in a 720-square-foot apartment. It has one bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, and a bathroom. It’s a private room. The grounds are fine. It is probably the least expensive of the most luxurious places to live in.

September 30, 2016

By RH136278

Our tour at Fairwinds went really well, and we were impressed with the facility. The rooms were nice-shaped and were nice space-wise. The space was used very well and wasn't dead space. We were impressed with the room and the staff, and it seemed to be very busy like everybody was doing something, going here and there, so it seemed very well. I feel that the package they give was very informative, they answered any questions we needed to know, and pretty much everything is a really good facility as far as the care for elderly, their doctors, the care-giving, and the stages. I was very impressed.

September 02, 2016

By Debbie614043

Fairwinds - Rio Rancho is excellent, and my dad is there. The facility is very manicured, well-kept, modernized, and remodeled. It is very easy to get around and maneuver through. It's a nice facility. There is a ton of activities on the calendar. The food is great. They offered us several free meals when we came to visit. I would highly recommend it.

March 04, 2016

By TKMiles

Ditto on all the other reviews, however, the monthly rental rates are not as prohibitive as others in the ABQ area. I visited many facilities in the area for my Mom, and I fell in love with Fairwinds because of the positive happy energy I felt the moment I walked into the front doors. All the residents seemed very happy and well taken care of. The food was great and the apartments were sunny, clean, modern and inviting, I was impressed with the amenities, including the transportation, and the management staff were very personable. I also like the fact that it feels very safe. The property is very well taken care of. I would love to see my Mom as a resident at Fairwinds, as she lives in Rio Rancho and would not have to transition out of her community, and I think she would be happy here.

February 29, 2016

By Maxinne

I was very impressed with Fairwinds. The only reason that I didn't choose it is that their community is a little more active than my mother, and so there weren't quite as many things for her to do.

February 29, 2016

By Vickie14

The friendliness of the staff at Fairwinds impressed me the most. They offered many activities, like exercise classes. There was a bistro off the lobby, and the food was excellent. Residents and staff stopped and talked to us. The staff and residents were extremely happy and interactive with each other.

January 26, 2016

By caringfamilymember1

We chose Fairwinds - Rio Rancho because it's pet friendly, and it seems to serve all of my wife's needs. They have a restaurant inside, and a bus service that will take them anywhere. They have outings everyday if you want to go to a casino, grocery store or doctor's appointments. The food is good if you go there once, but then it gets routine. They have a daily special, and then everything else is the same everyday. They provide two meals per day, lunch, and dinner; which are part of the rent. You can also buy breakfast if you want or you can just have oatmeal or a bowl of cereal. She has a refrigerator, and a microwave in her room. They can improve on responding to requests. There are a couple of things that I questioned. The remote of the TV didn't work; I requested for her to get a new one. It's been two weeks, and she still doesn't have a new one. I've contacted the general manager a couple of times for this kind of stuff, and it gets handled right away. She has been there for two months now.

December 28, 2015

By EE

Fairwinds - Rio Rancho was very nice. They are in an area that has less traffic and a lighter population. I felt much more comfortable in this facility than other places I visited. It is pretty good but very expensive. The staff was just as nice as could be and very accommodating. The residents seemed happy to be living in this facility.

March 07, 2015

Fairwinds was excellent, beautiful, and very nice. It offered everything my mother needed like transportation services, and their transportation policy kind of throws on it. My mother wanted to drive. She goes to her activities, and there is an extra fee for that but that’s fine. Fairwinds offers that, and the other facilities did not.

December 17, 2014

By Marion19

I just looked online and found Fairwinds - Rio Rancho and thought it might be in my price range. The staff were very nice. The rooms were very clean. The dining room was very pleasant. They had movies, Bingo, a lot of different groups that did things, and exercise. The facility seemed to be pleasant and comfortable. I was really impressed.

August 13, 2014

By Clarence6

Fairwinds is very nice, but it is expensive and it doesn't have continuing care. The staff was very nice. I looked at the menu and it was outstanding. The rooms were very nice.

August 10, 2013

By Martha13

We had mom at Fairwinds. The rooms and the people were very nice, but the other service staff seems to have no direction.

Costs for Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

Photos of Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

Services and Amenities of Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental
  • Independent Living Starting At: $2091/month

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Movie Theater, Pool Table, Happy Hour Along With Other Daily Activities, W/D In Residence

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Activities Extra: Computer Class, Weekly Happy Hours, Tea Parties, Dances, Karaoke

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 15
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: NM Assisted Living

About Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

Fairwinds - Rio Rancho, located in a quiet residential area of Rio Ranch, offers luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community. We are very proud to be managed by Leisure Care, who, for over 30 years, has led the industry in the development and management of elegant retirement communities that are all about Five-Star Fun. At Fairwinds - Rio Rancho we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, resort-style living, and in all things "fun."

Live at Fairwinds - Rio Rancho and enjoy your own private apartment home, and fill it with your own treasured belongings. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautifully appointed dining room. We offer true restaurant dining, and all meals are prepared for you by our very own chef. Then there's the programs! Sign up for an art class. Start a new fitness program. Or book that travel excursion you've always wanted to. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the library with a good book, take a stroll in the beautifully landscaped courtyards, enjoy a night on the town with your sweetie, or want to socialize with friends, Fairwinds - Rio Rancho has it all. Do what you want, whenever you want to.

Imagine the peace of mind knowing that our highly-trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have and that every apartment is equipped with an emergency communication system. And if you need some assistance, whether a little or a lot, our Assisted Living services are available and can be started at any time.

Quite simply, at Fairwinds - Rio Rancho, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible. Come join us for Five-Star Fun.

Map of Fairwinds - Rio Rancho