Magnolia Gardens Toms River, NJ

Reviews of Magnolia Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Magnolia Gardens

May 17, 2012

By jennahfer

I feel very satisfied with this facility. It was not an easy decision in placing my grandfather in a facility like this and it resulted in many sleepless nights. We visited a few sites and this was the one that was by far the best choice. It provides good support for my grandfather without taking away his desired freedoms. There is never an issue entering the premises or with my grandfather leaving the premises. The staff is always courtesy to me, and my grandfather has not complained about being mistreated in any way. They allow him to get help where he wants it but don't push where he doesn't. There is also a good social feel there as he has become friends with other residents which is crucial to his well being. The staff seems to promote this friendship and help to create opportunities for meeting friends. While I could never say assisted living is perfect or ideal I do feel like this facility is among the best at providing needed care.

December 13, 2011

By DocChristian

We recently had a problem with the assisted living home my grandfather was currently staying in. The facilities had gradually gone down in quality. So we pulled him from the home and placed him in Magnolia Gardens. Of course this place is further away from where we live so traveling is a bit hectic but the facilities are nice. Newly renovated and reconstructed. The staff is friendly and very polite and certainly not condescending to the elderly like other places seem to be over time. I for one like the fact since I can't visit my grandfather often I can call him whenever I like. He seems to enjoy his time there. Magnolia Gardens seems to promote a lot of recreational time between the residents. When I visited the place to scout for a new location I had a good vibe from the staff and even the building itself. Something about them conducting renovations was also a plus. All-in-all I feel confident with my grandfather living there.

November 18, 2011

By jackk917

When my grandmother was no longer to live alone, she decided to go to Magnolia Gardens. She didn't want to move far from our family so this seemed like a great choice. We went to visit her 2 times a week until she passed away in 2010. Every time we went to visit, the staff was kind and warm. They always greeted us with a smile and took the time to learn who we were. Whenever something was wrong, they would contact my father immediately and express concerns or sometimes just to let him know she was fine and doing well. When we saw my grandmother, she was always well taken care of, clean and in good spirits. We got to know the staff pretty well. They were always making the place cheerful. They would decorate for holidays, do a lot of interesting things with the patients, and always seemed happy to be at work. Families were pretty much welcome to come anytime. It was very important to us to spend as much time as we could with her. I am very pleased with this facility and think that it is definitely a place worth checking out if you or someone you know needs a place to be taken care of.

September 29, 2011

By mommasan

We visited this facility when choosing a place for my mother. Although we didn't choose this location we did like it. It was just too far away. The staff were pleasant and friendly. The common areas looked clean and well kept. We saw many qualified staff attending to the needs of their residents. They had a lot of activities to keep the residents active and entertained. My only real complaint was that there seemed to be a disproportionate amount of male residents to female residents. There were a lot more men than women staying there and it kinda made us nervous about the safety of my mother being there. We didn't see anything bad, but it just made us uneasy. It seems silly, but when its your mother, it makes a difference. Overall we felt that it was a good place, just not right for our needs at that time.

Services and Amenities of Magnolia Gardens

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Housing Extra: One Bedroom Or Semi Private 235 Sq Ft, Studio 205 Sq Ft 120 Al Beds

• Features Extra: Emergency Response System In All Apartments

• Psychiatric Care
  • Pharma

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

• Diet Extra: Provide Nutritional Meals Under The Supervision Of A Licensed Dietician.

• Range Of Services Extra: In House Dentist, Podiatrist, Dietician, Ophthalmologist, Psychologist, And Psychiatrist

Types of care

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Self Pay And Medicaid

• State Licenses: YMOSFX

About Magnolia Gardens

Magnolia Gardens is a senior living provider in Toms River, New Jersey that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Magnolia Gardens for more details on services and rates.

Map of Magnolia Gardens