2 Assisted Living Facilities in Manahawkin, NJ
Also serving communities of Tuckerton, Galloway Township, Pleasantville.
The average cost of assisted living in Manahawkin is $5,530 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Toms River with an average starting cost of $4,770.
To help you with your search, browse the 12 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Manahawkin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Manahawkin 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brick with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Manahawkin find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Manahawkin, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Manahawkin
Manahawkin is a census-designated place located in Stafford Township, New Jersey, with a sizeable population of 2,303. Approximately 17% of the population are seniors. To accommodate this population, there are nine assisted living residences within the city limits with more than 56 communities available in nearby towns.
In Manahawkin, as in the rest of New Jersey, these communities are referred to as assisted living residences and are regulated by the New Jersey Department of Human Services Division of Aging Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Manahawkin
- July is the hottest month in Manahawkin with an average temperature of 84.3. The average rainfall is 44 inches per year and 210 sunny days, making the area preferable for seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- Seniors have access to a variety of transportation options which allows the seniors to conveniently access medical and other recreation facilities with the average one-way commute time being 25 minutes around the city.
- The cost of living in Manahawkin is 14.8% higher than the national average at 114.8, making it a reasonably affordable area compared to the rest of New Jersey, which is at 132.6. Healthcare costs are lower than the national average at 95.8.
- The Manahawkin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southern Ocean Medical Centre and Atlantic Care Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The city of Mahawakin has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy. Some assisted living facilities may offer supervised day trips for senior residents to some of the city’s attractions such as the Manahawkin Train Station Museum.
- Manahawkin has an array of community resources for seniors, including the AngelaCARES Inc for senior citizens, an organization that offers senior citizens with weekly nutritional programs as well as Francis Community Centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Manahawkin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Manahawkin start around $5,530 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Manahawkin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Manahawkin
MLTSS (Managed Long-Term Service and Support) provides seniors in Manahawkin with financial support to pay health care and supportive services including assisted living. It is a managed care system under the Comprehensive Medicaid Waiver. The program utilizes New Jersey Family Care managed care organizations to promote efficiency and coordination of its services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Manahawkin
Manahawkin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Manahawkin, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Manahawkin
Manahawkin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Manahawkin
Review of Atria Stafford
Brookdale Stafford was very nice, but for a couple, it wouldn't be good because the units were too small. They had lots of activities, physical therapy, game room, and dining room. Everybody was ve... Read more
Review of Atria Stafford
She's in Brookdale Stafford, and it's really good. They have lots of activities, the food's been really good there, and the rooms are nice. The facility is clean and not overly large. I believe it'... Read more
Review of Atria Stafford
Both of my parents have lived at this facility for the past 3 years. When they first got there I was very impressed with the facility and the staff. In the last year and a half however the place h... Read more