Morris View Healthcare Center

Reviews of Morris View Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Morris View Healthcare Center

November 09, 2019

By Wendy Gong

I toured facility, I got interactions with the staff and residents, basically this is an amazing place, people are nice. I was in and out visiting this place for 6 weeks, I met most of the visitors who came here couple of times a week and having great satisfaction to the care provided by the staff to their love ones. I observed residents exercising their PT and OT in gym, I saw the residents also enjoyed recreational activities according to their monthly calendar. The nursing manager is very experienced RN who organized her unit well. I thank you to staff and residents, I will visit you all again.

March 28, 2019

By I am a family member 61

This facility while it may have a good reputation and I have worked with them on a professional basis just has gone down hill since being bought by a private company. The customer service is poor and while im not surprised it was disappointing. My loved one really wanted to be in this facility but the lack of follow up and collaboration with the sending facility even with the advocacy of knowledgeable family members, couldn't get it done. I feel badly for a lot of the folks who will be referred to this facility who have no one to help them. However, I have had several friends subsequent who have worked there and are nursing staff current and ex, that would not send their family members there because of the crummy care. I hope that if your family member goes that you do not experience this....God Speed

November 16, 2018

By Nicolette716

Other

My 85 year old grandfather was here for aftercare of hip surgery. His team of nurses were amazing to not only him but us as well. Physical therapy and home care therapy were out of this world best team they were amazing. Great place to get back up and going again. The room he was in was private nice a big plenty of space for the whole family to visit.

November 01, 2018

By Caregiver1207

My grandmother was at Morris View for rehab and received the royal treatment. Not only was she rehabilitated, but she was treated with such love and respect that she didn't want to go home. The staff at Morris View was so caring and wonderful and I would highly recommend this facility to anyone needing rehab.

April 04, 2018

By nk1050

Lovely facility. Friendly staff to greet you upon entry. Doctors and staff very caring.

April 03, 2018

By Hindy S

Other

The care at Morris View is wonderful. The staff is caring, warm and attentive. The administration is involved and understanding.

March 19, 2018

By smith1904

Very warm n welcoming feeling caring employees smiles on everyone's face home like feeling

March 15, 2018

By Bobby Smith

Beautiful building. Friendly and helpful floor staff. Management was compassionate and imformative. The building had alot of staff on all floors. Tons of exciting activities going on. The social workers are awesome! All the residents i observed were extremely happy. I would definitely recommend Morrisview to a family member or friend.

March 15, 2018

By Ben Werz

Staff is really friendly and caring. Amazing activities department and always sparkling clean. Everyone seems so happy and well taken care of. Administration is always available to address any needs or concerns. Highly recommended!

March 12, 2018

By lrbar

I visited Morris View and walked away with feelings of home! from the welcome at the door, to the smiles on the residents faces, truly a warm place.

September 05, 2017

By Stacy Smith

Excellent staff very caring home like feeling my grandmother's needs are all met they treat her like family couldn't of picked a better place for her to call home

May 28, 2017

By leanne123

I would not recommend this place at all. The house docoter doesn't communicate with the patients regular docter. They dont let you know what's going on, it took us a week to get a listing of medications. Test were ordered that were not necessary, the patient or the family were not aware of test. My grandmother was basically being over medicated. They were under staff which effects the paients. The social worker is supposed to be helpful not at all. It was a joke and the place should be ashamed. I will say the nursed aids were very pleasent and tried to be helpful.

November 29, 2016

By Mackenzie624

First I want to point out that the long term/nursing home floors and the short term rehab section are so different you have to see it to believe it. The rehab floor has actual staff who treats patients with some compassion and respect, they acknowledge you and can be understood, the patients rooms and walls are actually clean, patients are not left in small rooms shoved into a corner up against a dirty wall falling into open wall sockets, patients in bed with injuries have access to water and are not left helpless laying in soiled diapers. None of these things can be said for patients in the long term patient floors. If you have other options for long term care, use them!

September 12, 2015

By Carla22

My father was in Morris View since June. The place is excellent, with a excellent caring and knowledgeable staff. It’s extremely clean, it has very nice surroundings, and it has nice common areas like a courtyard. The rooms were shared and kind of average. It looks like they have lots of activities. My dad doesn’t love the food.

January 30, 2014

By Debbie75710850

My father was a patient at Morris View Healthcare Center. It was a big place. It offered assisted living and a nursing home. They were wonderful. I would absolutely recommend them to others. They're very caring especially towards the end where my father was getting a little bit where he wasn't sure where he was and stuff like that, but they were very good. They did a lot of activities there but my father just didn't do much. He also ate mostly in his room. Nevertheless, this facility was great. The only reason we took him out of there was the price. We couldn't afford it.

July 29, 2013

By Gary19

I looked at a lot of facilities and I think Morris View has a lot to offer and it is relatively close to where I live that's why I move my mom there and she seems to be doing okay right now. She's involve in therapy in PT and occupational therapy. The food is good, I have tasted it myself and she's eating pretty well. They are two in the room but it seems to be adequate and it's very clean. No matter where you go, it's very clean. Everything seems to be in order.

June 22, 2013

By caring010617

Morris View is a county-run and it's absolutely the best public nursing home. The reason I say "public" is because we searched far and wide throughout Northern Jersey. They are taking people who are just Medicaid and Medicare. We have put how many miles in hopes on facilities where we had no chance of being accepted because we don't have private pay. That little 'Private Pay, Medicare and Medicaid' means, there's an order there and it's pay first and then Medicaid and Medicare if you ended up hospitalized and you come back and you need that temporary cover. Morris View is the one that honestly accepts Medicaid and it has the best care even though it's a county-run nursing home.

Photos of Morris View Healthcare Center

Payment options

• Insurance
  • Credit Card

About Morris View Healthcare Center

Morris View Healthcare Center is a nursing home with a reputation for excellence. A longstanding part of the Morristown community and now a member of the Allaire Health Services family, we take pride in delivering a comprehensive continuum of post-acute rehab and skilled nursing care imbued with warmth and compassion.

• Coffee shop / Piccolo Café
  • Several libraries throughout the facility
  • Large Atrium