New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home Menlo

Reviews of New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home Menlo

Nursing Home Reviews for New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home Menlo

July 02, 2013

By Loreen

The staff here is absolutely unbelievable, and not in a good way. Some of the rudest and most inconsiderate people that I have ever encountered in my entire life. I guess the word to describe the what would appear to be ever so lightly trained medical staff would be misearable. These people are absolutely miserable. Not a smile in the place, or an American for that matter. I was almost run over in the entrance by a scrub wearing individual who pretty much knocked me out of the way to get to what appears to be a time clock mounted on the front wall by the entrance. She not only blocked in an ambulance with her car in the front entrance, but there were several other employees there who did the same thing in what appears to be a ritual for this staff because I have witness it everytime I have visited. They fly into the parking lot at about 80 m.p.h. park right in the main driveway in front of the building and block the driveway so that family members, residents, and ambulance drivers can't pick up or drop off, they run for the inside, clock in,(I guess this is so it looks like they are actually in the facility working) then they run out and jump in their cars and pull away. Meanwhile everyone else has to wait for them. Don't bother asking them for help either bringing anyone in. You will either be ignored or told that it is not their job, or they will just give you a dirty look and a snide remark. This is everyday there. Evertime I've been there. Upon arriving, and upon leaving. Not to mention it appears that the staff there feels that they don't need to be handicapped to park in the handicapped spots reserved in the parking lot or the front of the building. The facility is o.k. I guess, but the staff really needs a major improvement. I don't know what the hiring practices are but the State should probably investigate at this point because it appears that they are only hiring Haitians, or Indians. The people who work there really hate their jobs and it is painfully apparent. From the residents that I have talked to, they are not happy with the staff at all who are unresponsive and uncaring and beligerant. While I was there I witnessed a nurse that had to call a maintenance profesional simply so that something could be plugged in. To say that the staff appears helpless and uninformed is an understatement. If I could give half a star I would.

August 27, 2012

By Karl1

Very clean and modern. When I spoke to residents most seemed polite and seemed to enjoy their time their. Only gripe I heard was the food but I guess that is to be expected at any nursing home or institution of that size. They had lots of recreational activities, boardgames, a Nintendo wii, and regularly scheduled bingo. The staff was friendly and they have a security person who buzzes in every visitor so the facility was secure. You must be a veteran or a spouse of one to get in however. Ample parking for visitors and many common areas in each wing and in the center of the complex. I did see a fair amount of residents in wheelchairs off to the side but I chalked it up to the logistics of these types of facilities none seemed neglected or left for too long. Overall nice place and I would recommend people check it out.

Services and Amenities of New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home Menlo

About New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home Menlo

New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home Menlo is a senior living provider in Edison, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home Menlo for more details on services and rates.

Map of New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home Menlo